EvergreenHealth is seeking an Experienced Oncology RN to join the well- established dynamic team on the 32 bed Medical- Oncology Unit.
1.Provides direct patient care and functions as a patient advocate.
2. Assesses the comprehensive nursing needs of an assigned group of patients.
3. Coordinates the patient and family/significant other education process.
4. Continuously plans, implements, and evaluates patient care, incorporating patient and family/significant other into the process.
5. Participates with physician partners and other interdisciplinary team members to develop and implement patient and family/significant other plan of care.
6. Communicates effectively all relevant information (e.g., patient information, safety issues, problems with equipment, quality issues, etc.) to immediate supervisor, in timely way.
7. Communicates and documents changes in patient condition, on a timely basis, to charge nurse/supervisor and physician.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
Bachelor's in Nursing (BSN) required within 5 years of employment if applicable
Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
Current Healthcare Provider BLS certification by date of hire
DESIRED for the position:
Master's degree in Nursing
Oncology Nurse and Chemo Certification
EvergreenHeath is committed to providing the highest quality of care to our patients. The literature shows that having a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) contributes significantly to the quality of care. Toward that end, this position requires a BSN or a commitment to begin a BSN program within 3 years and obtain a BSN within 5 years of employment. Please note this BSN requirement does not apply to current EvergreenHealth RNs hired prior to April 1, 2014.
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement between Evergreen Hospital Medical Center and the Washington State Nurses Association (WSNA).