Full-Time 40 Hours per week 8:30AM to 5:00PM
Monday Thru Friday
Must be RN With State Licensure Survey Experience.
Supports successful implementation and maintenance of clinical and quality initiatives and protocols for use at the facility to level to assure the facility is following all State and Federal regulations and its own policies and procedures.
Essential Job Functions:
This facility expects their employees to do whatever is necessary to promote an atmosphere of teamwork with other employees and hospitality and comfort for its residents. Therefore, the following list is not all-inclusive:
* Identify deficit(s) related to policy/procedures and develop draft policy for review.
* Identify weakness and/or strengths of clinical initiatives to provide/promote resident well-being and nursing retention and draft, in conjunction with DON’s, new clinical initiatives to correct weaknesses.
* Assist with maintaining clinical policies and procedures as necessary to respond to changes in State and Federal regulations and/or to update on additional programs and initiatives.
* Coordinate, oversee and participate in facility pre-surveys to monitor compliance with State and Federal guidelines and regulations.
* Actively participate in facility’s annual and/or complaint State survey(s).
* Perform medical record audits and pertinent data collection. Develop a detailed report on findings to report to QA Committee. Report any high risk areas immediately.
* Develops and delivers meaningful educational trainings to clinical staff as needed to provide accurate information and correct negative trends.
* Identifies Safety and Risk Management issues and communicates areas of weakness to Administrator.
* Conduct meaningful weekly Quality Assurance meetings. Reviews unresolved issues/concerns and any other areas that remain out of compliance from prior weeks meeting to develop a timeframe for correction. Discusses and promulgates issues/ concerns within the facility and works with facility management and effected disciplines to develop correction.
* Participates in weekly Quality Services department meetings. Actively participates in discussions and offers suggestions/comments to facilitate solutions to issues/concerns identified.
* Attend in-service education programs in order to meet facility educational requirements.
* Be familiar with Standard Precautions, Exposure Control Plan, Fire Drill and Evacuation Procedures and know how to use the information.
* Maintain confidentiality of resident and facility records/information.
* Protect residents from neglect, mistreatment, and abuse.
* Protect the personal property of the residents of the facility.
* Others as directed by the supervisor or administrator.
* Must be an LPN or RN – active and in good standing.
* Organized and detailed in work performance.
* Good communication skills with excellent self-discipline and patience.
* Genuine caring for and interest in elderly and disabled people in a nursing facility.
* Comply with the Residents Rights and Facility Policies and Procedures.
* Perform work tasks within the physical demand requirements as outlined below.
* Perform Essential Duties as outlined above.
* Subject to frustrations in meeting work demands due to frequent interruptions.
* Fast paced, required to make decisions quickly
* Involved with residents, personnel, visitors, government agencies/personnel, etc., under all conditions and circumstances.
* May work beyond normal duty hours, on weekends, and in other positions temporarily, when necessary.
* Subject to call-back during emergency conditions (e.g., severe weather, evacuation, post-disaster, etc.).
* Subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including TB and the AIDS and Hepatitis B viruses.
* May be subject to the handling of and exposure to hazardous chemicals
Physical and Sensory Requirements:
* Assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations
* Function independently, and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents, personnel, and support agencies.
* Meet general health requirements set forth by the policies of this facility, which may include a medical and physical examination.
* Relate to and work with the ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and at times hostile people within the facility.
* Medical Plan: Major Medical Insurance with HSA plan and prescription coverage
* Dental Plan: Guardian Voluntary Dental Plan (various levels of coverage available)
* Vision Plan: Guardian VSP Network (various levels of coverage available)
* Health Savings Account (HSA)
* Paid Bereavement Leave
* Company Paid Life Insurance (Voluntary Supplemental Term life is offered and available through Lincoln Financial Group)
* Voluntary Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance is available through Lincoln Financial Group