Our Maintenance team keeps nursing facility, surrounding buildings and grounds in clean and orderly condition and tends furnace, air conditioner, and boiler to provide heat, cool air, and hot water for residents, performing any combination of following duties: Sweeps, mops, scrubs, and vacuums hallways, office space etc. Regulates flow of fuel into automatic furnace. Empties trash and garbage containers. Maintains building, performing minor and routine painting, plumbing, electrical, wiring, and other related maintenance activities, using hand tools. Replaces air conditioner filters. Cautions residents and staff regarding complaints of excessive noise, disorderly conduct or misuse of property. Notifies management concerning need for major repairs or replacements to lighting, heating, and ventilating equipment. Cleans snow and debris from sidewalk and grounds. Mows lawn, trips shrubbery, and cultivates flowers, using hand tools and power tools. Post signs to advertise vacancies and shows empty rooms to prospective residents or families if necessary.
For over 30 years, Americare has extended care to senior generations in Americas heartland. We pride ourselves on being resident focuses, encouraging employee to make smart, responsible decisions that are in the best interest of individual residents.
Why belong with our Americare team?:
Every employee company wide is a valued part of the organization, dedicated to their commitment and passion of creating a person centered home environment for each resident truly making a difference in the lives they touch.
Each individual facility is a vibrant part of the communities they serve. While our resident benefit from industry leading care, our employees are offered competitive compensation, comprehensive benefit packages, flexible scheduling, free meals and a place they can belong.
We offer comprehensive and competitive medical and dental benefits. Our medical plans offer preventive care services, covered prescription drug benefits, and large network of doctors and hospitals to help you and your family improve or maintain your health.
Our culture supports team members wherever they are on their health and well being journey. We offer tools and resources such as Employee Assistance Program and Employee Relief Fund.
Paid Time Off:
The flexibility of Paid Time Off(PTO) lets you set your own priorities. Use PTO for any number of your life events.
We encourage you to continue your professional development. Americare will reimburse you for eligible tuition for approved courses.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Repair and perform routine maintenance of facility equipment.
* Maintain listing off all equipment within the facility with record of dates and preventative maintenance performed on all equipment as well as routine testing and lock out tag out.
* Painting as needed. Maintaining proper techniques while maintaining a safe environment and Providing MSDS sheets on all caustic chemicals. Monitor eye wash stations.
* Supervise or provide grounds maintenance. If contractors utilized, require insurance document.
* Ensure work area is clean, neat and safe and locked to prevent resident or staff injury.
* Ensure proper functioning of all emergency equipment, including but not limited to, emergency lights and batteries, emergency control panel, fire doors, exit doors, fire alarms, sprinkler system and fire extinguishers.
* See that facility is cleaned, mopped, buffed and waxed as needed and provide safe environment while providing service. Use wet floor signs etc.
* Have a high level of social interaction. They discuss repairs with tenants, owners, and coworkers.
* Are responsible for the health and safety of people who live and work in buildings.
* Are responsible for the work outcomes of the people they supervise.
* Use the telephone daily.
* Write letters and memos sometimes.
* Work with others as part of a team.
* Have face to face conversations with people daily.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
* Use their hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
* Stand for long periods of time.
* Walk or run for long periods of time.
* Bend or twist their body.
* Repeat the same movements.
* Kneel, stoop, crouch, or crawl.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This position can be both part time and full time depending on the needs the community.
Sample: Up to 30% travel expected if multiple communities are included.
* High school graduate and minimum age of 18 years of age
Americare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Americare does not discriminate in employment opportunities, decisions or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, genetics, national origin, age, mental or physical handicap or disability, citizenship or any other characteristic protected by law (may also be called “protected class”). In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Americare will be based upon merit, qualifications and abilities. Americare will also make reasonable accommodations for qualified
individuals with known disabilities, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Americare. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including hiring, job assignment, training, promotion, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Americare Senior Living is an EOE (Equal Opportunity Employer) and drug free workplace.: