We are looking for an RN Supervisor 11:00AM - 7:00PM to join our team at Rainbow Rehab and Healthcare Center.
Responsible for directing the nursing unit in a long term facility.
* Graduate of accredited school of nursing
* Licensed as a RN (if state requires) or LPN/LVN in state employed.
* Valid CPR teaching certificate, if applicable.
* Two years of nursing experience, of which one year was in a long term care environment.
* Performs General Management Functions for the specific shift
* Attends meetings and committees to address resident care issues for the unit
* Manages area of responsibility with the goal of achieving and maintaining the highest quality of care possible.
* Participates in developing, implementing and evaluating programs that promote the recruitment, retention, development and continuing education of nursing staff members.
* Contacts physicians as necessary and ensures physicians interventions are timely and appropriate
* Reviews staffing patterns and census of nursing units, and reassigns personnel when necessary to ensure staffing meets resident needs.
* Monitors the clinical operations of the unit and resident’s conditions and ensures that appropriate and quality care is administered.
* Obtains medications, supplies and medical records needed to provide safe, efficient and therapeutic care to residents on a continuing basis.
* Assists in the orientation of new personnel, monitors their skills and guides and observes staff that may need assistance with procedures.
* Participates in facility “QA” program
* Performs other tasks as assigned.
* Skilled in motivation of staff and leadership.
* Skilled in work assessment.
* Ability to communicate effectively with residents and their family members, and at all levels of the organization.
?Knowledge of state and federal requirements for accreditation and certification.
?Possesses basic computer skills
?Ability to work with a culturally diverse resident and employee population.