The Maintenance Assistant provides quality maintenance functions to facility in accordance with all laws, regulations and Company standards. Reports to Director of Maintenance.
* Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language
* Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday
* Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents
* Must be able to assist with preventive maintenance, repairs and replacements
* Must be able to inspect equipment /systems regularly for proper functioning and safety
* Must be able to runs errands, handle incoming and outgoing freight, lift and move heavy furniture and equipment
* Must be able to practice dependable, regular attendance
* Medium work involves lifting no more than 50 pounds at a time with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
* Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
License, Education, and Experience:
* High school diploma (or equivalent) preferred.
* Must have a minimum of one (1) year maintenance experience
* Must have proven knowledge of various mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems
* Must be knowledgeable of local building codes and ordinances
* Ability to read, write and follow oral and written directions at a level necessary to accomplish the job.