Day Shift and Night Shift Availability with Shift Differential:
"New Wage and Weekend Differential":
Both Full-time and Part-time positions are available:
The primary purpose of this position is to oversee and monitor nursing services provided to residents, supporting the Care Team Managers and providing clinical expertise to Health Services, in accordance with HPHC, local, state, and federal rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern our state to ensure the highest quality of resident care is delivered and maintained at all times.
* Serves as shift supervisor for the nursing services personnel; assists with scheduling and maintaining attendance records; ensures sufficient staffing is available; and provides input into or completes performance evaluations for those staff who work on that shift.
* Serves as a liaison for families, residents, staff, physicians, Care Team Managers and Administration.
* Coordinates care with input from the Inter-Disciplinary Team; participates in the development of acute care planning; and provides direct care as needed.
* Ensures care is provided in accordance with acceptable nursing standards and HPHC policies and procedures. Observes current regulatory guidelines from city, state and federal agencies related to nursing care.
* Ensures completion of Accident/Incident reports.
* Actively assists in the investigation of any reports of abuse or neglect.
* Assists with admissions, transfers and discharges.
* Serves on, participates in, and attends various committees of the organization as required and/or appointed by the Administrator.
* Attends and participates in continuing education programs designed to keep current with changes in the nursing profession, as well as to maintain licensure in an active status.
* Educates residents and their families to nursing care and other related services as necessary.
* Cultivates effective and respectful relationships with residents, families and staff.
* Exhibits behavior in accordance with HPHC’s core values.
* Provides outstanding customer service to all customers in accordance with HPHC’s Five-Step Customer Service Program.
* Adheres to all of HPHC’s policies and procedures including our safety and Corporate Compliance programs.
* Maintains confidentiality of staff and resident pertinent health information in accordance with HIPAA guidelines.
While every effort has been made to make this description of the essential functions and other responsibilities as complete as possible, it in no way states or implies that this is an exhaustive listing of the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of functions or responsibilities does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is a logical assignment to the position.
* Must be as a minimum, a graduate from an accredited RN training program.
* Must have, as a minimum, two years nursing experience in long term care, skilled nursing care facility, or other related medical facility; previous nursing management experience preferred.
* Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as an RN in the State of Ohio.
* Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to long-term care.
* Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
* Must be able to see and hear or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to ensure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
* Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
* Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
* Must possess leadership and supervisory ability and be willing to work harmoniously with and supervise other personnel.
* Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to handle difficult residents.
* Must not pose a direct threat to the health and safety of other individuals in the workplace.
* Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
* Must function independently and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents, personnel, and support agencies.
* Must be able to relate to and work with the ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and, at times, hostile people within the facility.
* May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations.
RN Supervisor (3pm - 11pm shift)