The Staff Nurse is responsible for providing total quality care to all residents in a professional and timely manner while meeting quality nursing practice standards and the standards of state and federal regulatory agencies.
NATURE AND SCOPE OF ESSENTIAL JOB TASKS AND PERFORMANCE CRITERIA:
* The staff nurse is responsible for communicating in a positive manner with residents, their families, visitors, medical staff , and other staff members.
* Responsible for maintaining efficient and effective written and verbal communications with the supervisor, medical staff and other professionals.
POLICIES and PROCEDURES:
* Responsible for following facility policies and procedures.
* The staff nurse is responsible for transcribing physicians phone, verbal and FAX orders. Responsible for accurately completing documentation and preparing reports as required by the facility and state and federal regulations.
RESTORATIVE CARE AND REHABILITATION:
* The Staff Nurse is responsible for utilizing of nursing standards to provide and ensure quality resident care and to maintain or restore all residents to their optimal level of independence.
* Responsible for ensuring nursing staff follows procedures , maintains residents rights, working as a team to provide quality care. Responsible for educating, evaluating and counseling staff members as needed.
* The Staff Nurse is responsible for observing and clinically assessing each resident, providing appropriate care in a timely manner, and delivery of follow up care as ordered by the resident’s physician and/or per facility procedures. Responsible for administration and monitoring of medication, and assisting physician with examination and other procedures.
* Responsible for maintaining resident rights for privacy, treatment, schedules, property, civil rights and all other rights as designated by city, state and/or federal law. Maintains confidentiality of residents past and present care.
* Responsible for ensuring staff maintains a safe and clean environment. Responsible for creating a calm, supportive and caring environment for residents and staff.
SAFETY and SANITATION:
* Responsible for complying with all safety and sanitation procedures. Responsible for ensuring staff complies with all safety and sanitation procedures, including universal precautions. Responsible for proper storage of supplies and equipment and completing incident reports in a timely manner.
IN-SERVICE AND WORKSHOPS:
* Responsible for attending in-service programs, educational workshops and meetings as required to maintain professional license and enhance professional growth.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Must be a graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
* Must have a current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Ohio.
* Six months experience in long term care preferred with prior supervisory experience desirable.
* Must be in good general health, free of communicable diseases and emotionally stable.
* Must have visual acuity to administer medications. Ability to hear with or without use of prosthetics soft spoken words of residents, intercom and alarms. Physical dexterity to open small packages and perform treatments. Physical ability to sit, stand, walk, bend, lift, push/pull up to 150 pounds and move intermittently throughout the shift. Physical ability to climb and descend stairs, use elevator and assist residents.
* Able to read, write and speak the English language. Able to make independent decisions when such circumstances are warranted. Must be able to accurately assess residents and comprehend resident care problems. Able to remain calm and patient when resident is anxious, agitated, combative or displaying other types of distress. Must be able to relate tactfully with residents, families and visitors. Must have ability to cope successfully with staff members. Must have a positive attitude, actively promoting teamwork.
Oakcreek Terrace is seeking a part-time RN to join our day shift team for Nursing and Assisted Living.