The Security Officer, under the supervision of Security Supervisor and Manager of Security performs services in designated areas according to the policies, procedures, philosophies and objectives of the department and hospital, and works cooperatively within the department and other services to create a system of quality health care.
• Maintain current knowledge in areas of safety and security.
• Conduct proactive patrols of all hospital buildings and grounds: preventing fire, theft, vandalism, illegal entry, and bodily harm to patients, visitors, and staff. Be able to satisfactorily complete required crisis intervention, defensive tactics and life safety trainings pertinent to a first responder’s role.
• Effectively completes mandatory internal patrols of all campus buildings, and external vehicle / foot patrols of all grounds and parking areas, including all applicable off site properties. Identifies and reports all safety, security, and facilities issues in a timely manner.
• Demonstrates proper actions during patient crisis interventions, designed to achieve the safest possible outcomes for patients, employees, security officers and others using the least invasive measures possible. Competent in all trained intervention skills including verbal and nonverbal de-escalation strategies and approaches.
• Knowledgeable of all CODE Responses for Security Officers, and can adequately explain and demonstrate proper roles and documentation.
• Completes detailed fire prevention rounds, checking for and addressing obstructions of equipment and exits and items stored in corridors impeding egress. Satisfactorily completes fire extinguisher /hose monthly inspections in accordance with established requirements.