Now Hiring for pt 7a-7p or pt 7p-7a:
About Sprenger Health Care Systems:
Since 1959 Sprenger Health Care Systems continues to be family owned and operated. Sprenger offers the full continuum of aging services including: Short Term Rehabilitation, Skilled Nursing, Memory Care, Assisted Living, Independent Living, Hospice, and Home Health.
Our innovative care, excellent customer service, and compassionate dedicated employees have made Sprenger Health Care Systems a leader in providing exceptional health care. Sprenger Communities have a history of excellent Resident and Family Satisfaction Surveys, 5 Star Ratings, Deficiency Free Surveys, and US News and World Report Rankings.
Sprenger Health Care Systems is committed to maintaining a fair and unbiased work environment and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply to any of our 13 Communities throughout Ohio and Indiana. We understand that quality of care starts right here with our employees. For those team members who rise to the challenge and exceed the standard of care, the career possibilities can be endless. Join us today to experience the Sprenger difference!
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate is organized, energetic and patient. QMAs should be able to encourage residents to participate in daily care routines while always respecting resident rights. Candidates should be dedicated to staying informed on state, federal, nursing and OSHA regulations as well as all company policies and procedures. Candidates should be able to maintain a working relationship with residents, family members and staff. You must be able to work with various departments and personalities. QMAs must be able to count, administer and record medications accurately. This position will report to the Charge Nurse and by applying for the position you recognize that nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties or responsibilities to this job at any time. You may be asked to help in other areas of the building as needed for the optimal performance of your building/department and the well-being of our residents.
Essential Job Functions:
As a QMA in a Grace Management Services facility you must be able to perform the following essential functions as demonstrated by the ability to:
* Follow established performance standards and perform duties according to nursing service policies and procedures.
* Provide direct resident care as assigned.
* Complete food percentage, intake and output, and bowel and bladder records.
* Complete oral hygiene and toileting as needed.
* Serve meal trays and assist with feeding and help collect meal trays when meals are done.
* Measure and document vital signs prior to the administration of medication that could affect or change the vital signs.
* Report any abnormalities to the licensed nurse that would prohibit medication administration.
* Administer regularly prescribed medication only after personally preparing (setting up) the medication to be administered. The QMA shall document in a resident’s clinical record all medications that the QMA personally administered.
* Initiate oxygen per nasal cannula or non-sealing mask only in an emergency. Must verbally notify the licensed nurse on duty or on call and appropriately document the action and notification.
* Apply physician-ordered oral, ophthalmic, otic, nasal, vaginal and rectal medications.
* Crush and administer medications if such preparation is appropriate per manufacturer’s instructions or physician’s order.
* Administer medications per G-tube.
* Administer previously ordered pro re nata (PRN) medication per company protocol only if authorization is obtained from the facility’s licensed nurse on duty or on call.
* Conduct hemoccult testing and report result to the licensed nurse.
* Conduct finger stick blood glucose testing (specific to the glucose meter use), reporting to the licensed nurse.
* Provide ordered site care and apply a dressing to a healed G-tube or J-tube site.
* Administer a sitz bath, if ordered by the physician, and report any unusual observations to the licensed nurse.
* Conduct diabetic urine testing, for example, tablet, dipstick, or test tape method. Collect fecal or urine specimens as ordered by the physician.
* Collect fecal or urine specimens as ordered by the physician.
* Must be a licensed Certified Nursing Assistant in accordance with the state of Ohio/Indiana, Must have at minimum a high school diploma or equivalent, Must be a Qualified Medication Aide, having successfully completed a state approved training program and any necessary examination, and must provide documentation of such certification and show proof of state certification upon application for the position.
* All candidates must be proficient in basic computer programs and must be able to correspond timely through e-mail or other forms of technical communication as needed to successfully complete the requirements for this job. Employees are required to complete monthly on-line education courses to keep our team members knowledgeable on the latest information and regulations. By completing the application for this position, you acknowledge that you feel comfortable meeting these qualifications.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals may be required to:
* Sit or stand for extended periods of time
* Reach above shoulder heights, below waist or lift as required to complete the job responsibilities
* Proper lifting techniques, ability to read computer screens and the ability to follow written and verbal instructions are required
* Must be able to lift 50 to 75 pounds. Raising objects from lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position. This requirement occurs to a considerable degree and requires the substantial use of the upper extremities and back muscles.
* Must be able to balance, climb, crouch, grasp, kneel, pull, push, reach, stand and stoop adequately to perform the essential functions of the job.
* Must be able to hear, smell, feel and speak adequately to perform the essential functions of the job.
* Must be able to read and write the English language.
* Must be able to work inside and outside with exposure to outdoor weather conditions.
To view the entire job description, please click here.