To assist in providing appropriate aspects of quality patient care under the supervision of licensed therapists.
* Graduate of an approved Occupational Therapy Assistant curriculum.
* Is in good standing with all regulatory agencies and licensing boards.
Working knowledge of Medicare and other payor sources.
Full knowledge of resident’s rights.
* Current, active license as Physical Therapist, and is able to practice unencumbered.
* CPR Certification, as required for license renewal.
* Experience in long term care preferred
* Able to work on multiple tasks at the same time.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Implements and executes on established patient treatment plan under the supervision of a therapist.
* Communicates with patients, families, referring physicians and other members of the team.
* Provides timely written documentation per facility and department requirements.
* Develops and enhances clinical and professional skills through knowledge and professional associations.
* Communicates with patients, families and other clinical staff of treatment variations.
* Provides timely written documentation as required by insurance provider to meet licensing, certification, regulatory, reimbursement requirements and physician treatment plan.
* Supports and participates in department operations and development.
* Reports any changes in patient status or needs to supervising therapist on a timely basis..