Our residents come to Assisted Living at Summerplace to celebrate the best of life. Our community is conveniently located off Interstate 84 in northeast Portland and offers programs and activities that offer something new and exciting each day to residents, and their friends and families.:
Summerplace utilizes an innovative wellness program, Celebrations, that is designed to nurture mind, body and spirit, and give you the choices and freedom to celebrate life. As your partner in active aging, it is our goal to help you achieve an optimum level of health and wellness throughout all aspects of your life.:
Additionally, our community offers the award-winning Expressions Memory Care Program, which provides people with dementia an outlet for creativity through arts, learning, and spirituality. Designed to keep up with all the latest research and information surrounding dementia, Summerplace’s team aligns with experts in the field of Alzheimer’s research to continually provide refreshed programming for residents, and ongoing training and education for our amazing staff and families.:
Questions? Contact SummerplaceED@prestigecare.com:
Build Your Healthcare Career with Prestige Care:
Prestige Care is a family-owned and operated industry leader in the skilled nursing, assisted living, and rehabilitation space. As a Prestige Care team member, you are more than just an “employee,” you are part of our family. With a company focus on career development and advancement, there are many opportunities for advancement at our over 80 communities and care centers in 8 Western states. The healthcare career opportunities are endless and we look forward to collaborating with you to achieve your professional goals. Check out the career path that you can take with Prestige Care below:::
Working Hours Start: Various
Working Hours End: Various
Cooks prepare food in accordance with menus, diet specifications, sanitary practices, and resident preference, and in a manner that reflects quality of service and facility philosophy.
* Prepares food and meals in accordance with planned menus, diet plans, portion control and sanitary procedures meeting health department standards and company policies.
* Checks and records food temperatures prior to serving and serves meals that are palatable, appetizing and appealing.
* Reviews menus, making only necessary substitutions in accordance with company policies and procedures.
* Assures that food and supplies are available for the next meal, pulling supplies from freezer as required for the next meal preparations. Notifies dietary services supervisor of needed supplies.
* Prepares and assists in the preparations of special meals to meet individual resident needs and special meetings and events.
* Maintains a clean and safe work area, cleaning spills and pots regularly and carries out the daily and scheduled cleaning duties according to assignments.
* Ensures proper storage of food and supplies meeting health department regulations.
* Uses cleaners and other hazardous materials according to department procedures.
* Follows community and health department fire safety, infection control and hazardous chemicals procedures and practices.
* Reports all unsafe conditions, incidents or equipment to dietary department supervisor or executive director immediately.
* Respects dignity and confidentiality standards, promoting resident and staff rights.
* Assists the dietary department supervisor in directing the activities of the dietary aides as called upon.
* Executes the inventory and storage of incoming foods and supplies as requested or assigned by the dietary department supervisor.
* Attends and participates in training, in-services, and staff meetings.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
* A minimum of one year experience cooking in a restaurant or the dietary department of a hospital or similar environment.
* Meet job-related health department or state regulations by holding required state certification or service license.
* Proficient at reading written menus and direction, comprehend verbal instructions, and write at a level necessary to meet job expectations.
Keywords: Chef, Cook, Prep Cook, Line Cook, Sous Chef, Executive Chef, Senior Living, Assisted Living, Memory Care, Independent Living, Food, Restaurant, Fast Food, Bistro