To direct the overall meal service operation in the full service dining room, ice cream parlor, and bar, in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations, and facility policies.
* College degree in related field and or at least one year experience with waitress or hostess responsibilities.
* Must possess current CPR certificate or become certified within two weeks of employment.
* Must be knowledgeable of dietary procedures.
* Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language in an understandable manner.
* Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
* Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with residents, family members, visitors, personnel, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
* Must possess leadership and supervisory ability and willingness to work harmoniously with other personnel.
* Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm.
* Must be able to move intermittently throughout the work day.
* Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
* Must possess sight/hearing senses, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
* Ensure that all Dining Room Aides follow established departmental policies and procedures.
* Recruit, interview, and select Dinning Room Aides with the approval of the Food Service Supervisor.
* Schedule department work hours, personnel, work assignments, etc., to expedite work.
* Complete performance evaluations timely.
* Orient new employees to the facility, his/her department, and its policies and procedures.
* Recommend to the Food Service Supervisor the equipment and supply needs of the Department.
* Direct wait staff in dining room, ice cream parlor, and bar.
Perform other related duties as assigned.