Join our award-winning team! Olympic Alzheimer's Residence won the prestigious 2018 "Bronze" award through the American Health Care Association for quality care of our residents. OAR is one of only a small handful of care centers in the entire state of Washington to enjoy this award and designation!
Olympic Alzheimer’s Residence is located between Tacoma and Gig Harbor, just one mile from Tacoma Narrows Bridge. Our quiet surroundings provide a peaceful sanctuary for our residents.:
Olympic Alzheimer's Residence is a community specifically designed to care for individuals living with Alzheimer's disease, memory loss and other forms of dementia. Our trained personal care assistants are attuned to the individual needs of each community and care for residents as though they are family.:
Our community offers the award-winning Expressions Memory Care Program, which uses innovative techniques and approaches to turn daily activities into memorable and meaningful events. This program provides people living with dementia and other forms of cognitive impairment an outlet for creativity through arts, learning, and spirituality, embracing the philosophy that “Life is an Activity”.:
Questions? Contact OlympicED@prestigecare.com:
Build Your Healthcare Career with Prestige Care:
Prestige Care is a family-owned and operated industry leader in the skilled nursing, assisted living, and rehabilitation space. As a Prestige Care team member, you are more than just an “employee,” you are part of our family. With a company focus on career development and advancement, there are many opportunities for advancement at our over 80 communities and care centers in 8 Western states. The healthcare career opportunities are endless and we look forward to collaborating with you to achieve your professional goals. Check out the career path that you can take with Prestige Care below:
Working Hours Start: Various
Working Hours End: Various
Dining Services Aide assists with food service, general duties of the dietary department, and minor food preparation.
* Responsible for delivering meals to resident rooms, setting-up meal trays in accordance to diet orders and tray cards, ensuring residents are served proper diet and food preferences in a timely manner.
* Keeps the kitchen, dietary equipment, and dining room clean and sanitary at all times, including work areas and floors and according to assignment.
* Operates the dishwasher and properly stores pots, dishes and utensils.
* Ensures proper labeling of foods to be stored.
* Assists in minor preparation of food and is responsible for serving meals, snacks, and beverages using portion control and applicable sanitation practices.
* Follows community fire safety, infection control practices and hazardous chemical practices, and uses cleaners and other hazardous materials in accordance to health department procedures.
* Reports all unsafe conditions or equipment to dietary services supervisor immediately.
* Greets residents, visitors, and staff courteously, and in a manner that respects dignity, confidentiality standards and promotes residents and staff rights.
* Resets the dining room for the next meal and makes sure supplies are available for the next meal.
* Assists in storing incoming food and supplies as assigned and performs related duties as requested.
* Assist others with lifting, as required.
* Attends and participates in training, in-services, and staff meetings.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* Meet job-related health department or state regulations by holding required state certification.
* High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
* Some experience working with the public preferred.
* Able to read and understand written and verbal instructions, and write at a level necessary to meet job expectations.
KEYWORDS: server, waiter, waitress, food, food prep, senior living, assisted living, skilled nursing, SNF, ALF, healthcare, health care, food, cook, chef, part time, part-time, full time, full-time
We pay the Tacoma Narrows Bridge Toll: