Homewood, a leader since 1932 in providing care and services within a continuing care retirement community, is looking for individuals who wish to exhibit compassion and kindness in their daily work, and are ready to serve. We embrace a fun, team-oriented atmosphere. Through teamwork, we become more creative, find solutions, enjoy our work and build relationships. It all adds up to exceptional job satisfaction and stability. You too can discover the satisfaction of knowing that your work can make a difference in your life and in the lives of people around you.
Assesses the direct delivery of resident care and administers prescribed medications.
* Treats all information about residents, their condition, and family as well as personnel matters as confidential information.
* Complies with established Corporate and Departmental policies and procedures, and maintains established standards and practices.
* Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques.
* Provides accurate and descriptive records of medical and nursing care of the residents.
* Assigns daily resident care duties to Nursing Assistants and Hospitality Aides, monitors and evaluates the delivery of care.
* Accurately transcribes and carries out all physicians orders and assists with physician visits.
* Participates in resident care planning.
* Evaluates and is alert to the physical and psychological needs of the residents and responds in accordance with proper nursing techniques and protocol.
* Assists with admissions and discharges of residents.
* Assists in the management of Nursing Assistants and Hospitality Aides.
* Assists with direct resident care as time and responsibilities permit.
* Assists with carrying out physician orders.
* Performs other functions as directed by the supervisor.
* Current and valid LPN license in the state providing nursing care.
* Possesses judgment capabilities, initiative and dependability.
* Ability to read, write and understand English well.
* Ability to stand, walk, stoop, twist and turn frequently throughout the course of an eight hour shift.
* Ability to lift 30 pounds in assisting co-workers with resident lifts, transfers, etc. several times throughout the shift.
* Standing and walking distances constantly throughout the campus would be required during the shift in evaluating residents and supporting line staff and (at applicable facilities) respond to emergency needs of the Retirement Community.
* Ability to push a med cart in dispensing medications.
* Must be able to react quickly and decisively in emergencies and in unexpected behavior of residents.
* Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
* Ability to communicate to residents at a level they can understand.
Ability to stand, walk, stoop, twist and turn frequently throughout the course of an 8 hour shift. Ability to push a med cart in dispensing medications. Ability to lift 30 pounds in assisting co-workers with resident lifts, transfers, etc. several times throughout the shift. Must be able to react quickly and decisively in emergencies and in unexpected behavior of residents.