Job Summary: The Senior Informatics Specialist for Brattleboro Retreat will play a key role in the formation of an integrated approach to clinical workflow improvement. This is an effort to create a more complete database to closely track the patient's continuum of care and manage potential and actual missed opportunities for services. The position will work in highly collaborative, multidisciplinary teams on various project activities in efforts to complete a more robust and discreet capture of patient care data.
1. Minimum of a Bachelor's degree, Master's degree preferred.
2. RN licensed in State of Vermont
3. Minimum of 7 years of experience required in clinical setting
4. Program/ project management experience, and/or lean/6-sigma training/experience. Ability to lead projects and initiatives.
5. Demonstrated experience of implementation, administration and maintenance of Electronic Health Record applications.
6. Ability to lead problem solving analysis across systems and departments in collaboration with customers and vendors.
7. Ability to operate effectively in a matrixed environment and lead efforts across organizational boundaries. Capable of presenting information to all levels of the organization.
8. Expertise in industry best practices regarding System Development Life Cycle and project management.
9. Ability to use critical thinking to prioritize assignments and resolve open issues
10. Ability to work with customers and vendors to create roadmaps which outline yearly update schedules for key clinical systems. Ability to assume a lead role in technical and project implementations.
11. Ability to effectively and independently lead, recommend, document, communicate, implement, and sustain improvements in processes, procedures and operations.
12. Demonstrated experience performing needs and workflow analysis yielding improved KPI.
13. Strong verbal and written communications skills
14. Comfortable communicating to and working with all levels of users as well as middle and senior level management.
15. Ability to identify and solve problems quickly and completely.
16. Exceptional customer service and relationship management orientation.
1. Masters in Informatics (preferred)
2. 5 years' experience with IT project management/Informatics