Meadville Medical Center is hiring for Respiratory Therapist to work part-time days, evenings, nights, and some weekend rotation required.
He/She will coordinate respiratory care for patients using American Association of Resp. Care (AARC) standards, participate in patient and family teaching, and provide leadership working in cooperation with other Health Care providers to ensure continued quality care to patients ranging in age from birth to 104.
Respiratory Therapist Experience and Education Requirements:
- Professional knowledge of respiratory therapy and practice at a level normally acquired through completion of an accredited School of Respiratory Care.
- Nationally certified or registered are eligible.
- Current State Respiratory License or having made application for license.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to concentrate and prioritize, plan and perform professional nursing care, resolve patient care problems and interact with patients, families, and other team members – often during stressful times.
- Must independently be able to respond to the needs of the patient and/or significant other.
Respiratory Therapist Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Ability to stand, sit, walk and lift.
- Talking, telephone use, hearing, lifting, reaching, walking, carrying, pushing, and pulling.
- Ability to see and hear with or without mechanical aides.
- Normal patient care environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust and temperature change.
- Subject to communicable diseases.
- May be exposed to potential hazards such as chemical wastes, body wastes, fluids and other possible infectious material.
If you or someone you know are interested in the Respiratory Therapist job, please go to www.mmchs.org/careers and apply directly or contact Kelly Soluski at #814-350-7115 (firstname.lastname@example.org)