The Registered Nurse (RN) delivers care to residents ensuring all applicable laws, regulations and Company standards are met. Reports to Director of Nursing (DON).
* Must be knowledgeable of nursing practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing nursing functions in the long-term care facility.
* Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
* Must possess leadership ability and willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise professional and non-professional personnel.
* Must have the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the Nursing department.
* Must understand and follow company policies, including harassment and complaint procedures.
* Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
* Must be able to knowledgeably and competently deliver basic nursing care to residents.
* Must be able to evaluate resident’s needs through ongoing assessment and revises care plan based on changes in resident’s condition.
* Must be able to provide clinical supervision to LPNs and CNAs.
* Must be able to chart appropriately and timely.
* Must practice dependable, regular attendance.
* Must be able to concentrate and use reasoning skills and good judgment.
* Must be able to communicate and function in an interdisciplinary team.
* Must be able to Monitor, record and report symptoms and changes in residents’ conditions.
* Must be able to maintain accurate, detailed reports and records.
* Must be able to interpret, and evaluate diagnostic tests to identify and assess resident’s condition.
* Must be able to modify resident treatment plans as indicated by residents’ responses and conditions.
* Must be able to consult and coordinate with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate resident care plans.
* Must be able to monitor all aspects of resident care, including diet and physical activity.
* Must be able to instruct individuals, families on topics such as health education, disease prevention, and develop health improvement programs.
* Must be able to prepare residents for, and assist with, examinations and treatments.
* Must be able to prepare rooms, sterile instruments, equipment and supplies, and ensure that stock of supplies is maintained.
* Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents.
License, Education, and Experience:
* Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
* Must have valid license as Registered Nurse in the state of Virginia.
* Must have CPR certification upon hire or obtained during orientation. CPR certification must remain current during employment.
* Associate’s Degree (two year college or technical school)
* Six months to one year related experience