Group interviews are conducted every Wednesday at 10:30 AM. If you are interested in working for the Legacy at Forest Ridge, please feel free to come by to participate in a group interview!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
The C.N.A./Caregiver works under the supervision of the Health and Wellness Director and performs various personal care services for the resident to meet the resident’s personal needs. The C.N.A./Caregiver is responsible for observing the residents, and documenting these observations and care performed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES:
The C.N.A./Caregiver must exhibit the following competencies:
* Leadership: Inspire the trust of others; balance team and individual responsibilities; give and welcome feedback; exhibit objectivity and openness to others’ views, contribute to holding each other accountable and building a positive team spirit; put the success of team above own interests.
* Integrity and Ethics: Treat people with respect and individuality regardless of their status or the situation; do what you say; be fair and equitable in all interactions; be a good steward of company resources; actively contribute toward employees’ success and the Community’s goals; uphold organizational values.
* Dependability: Maintain work behavior that invites trust and reliance; role model positive attendance and punctuality standards; ensure work responsibilities are completed correctly and are covered when absent; arrive at meetings and appointments prepared and on time.
* Professionalism: Uphold high works standards that reflect the company’s purpose and goals; accept responsibility for own actions; react to challenges positively and calmly; provide leadership in maintaining highest technical and customer service standards for the benefit of the residents served.
* Innovation: Meet challenges with creativity and resourcefulness; remain open to change, others ideas, and trying new things; generate suggestions for improving work processes, services and products.
* Oral Communication: Speak persuasively, with intention and thought, in both positive and negative situations; fully listen and get clarification; respond well to questions; demonstrate group presentation skills; participate in meetings without dominating others.
* Written Communication: Write clearly and informatively; present numerical data effectively; read and interpret written information; ensure adequate, effective communication with all team members to maintain company values, goals, and culture.
* Quality: Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; look for ways to improve and promote quality; monitor and self-correct own work processes and outcomes; apply feedback from others to improve performance.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Resident Care:
* Performing personal care needs outlined in service plan and attending to the resident’s and family requests promptly.
* Meeting safety needs of resident and using equipment safely and properly (transfer devices, etc.).
* Giving personal care including but not limited to: baths (bed, tub, or shower), oral hygiene, hair shampoo, nail and skin care, assisting in dressing and undressing, and changing bed linens as assigned in service plan.
* Providing proper care and observation of resident’s skin to prevent breakdown and reporting when skin breakdown occurs immediately to the shift supervisor or the Health and Wellness Director.
* Reporting on resident’s condition and significant changes to the shift supervisor.
* Assisting in ambulation and transfers as instructed and outlined in the service plan
* Offering and assisting with toileting and elimination.
* Keeping resident’s living areas clean and orderly.
* Transferring resident as needed to meals and activities.
* Respectful of resident and family/caregiver environment and resident’s personal needs.
* Maintains regular communication with the Health and Wellness Director and/or Shift Medication Associate to review residents and help with managing needs (this may include unusual or potentially problematic resident/family issues) and reports changes in the resident’s condition promptly.
* Promotes resident independence, respects privacy, and maintains residents’ rights to decide about care and reports findings to supervisor.
* Works in cooperation with the family and outside providers to meet the physical/emotional needs of the resident.
* Completes documentation to ensure compliance with regulatory standards of timeliness, accuracy, and completeness via electronic record.
* Fulfills the obligation of requested and/or accepted resident assignments.
* Participates in all mandatory staff in-services, meeting, and/or education.
* Demonstrates familiarity with the policies of the Community and rules/regulations of state and federal licensing agencies.
* High School Diploma or GED required.
* C.N.A. Preferred
* One (1) year of experience preferred but not required.
* Must be computer proficient in typing and various programs, including background in EMR.
* Ability to work with others as an effective team builder and team player.
* Ability to take initiative, set priorities, multitask, and organize work.
* Excellent communication skills, including public speaking, both verbal and written.
* Subject to criminal background check and drug screening.
WORKING CONDITIONS (travel, hours, and environment):
* Able to work full time, part time or PRN with some weekend work