JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for providing direct patient care and assisting in the daily operations of the practice/clinic. Performs other related duties as required.
1. Assists with patient flow for clinic and physician visits
2. Provides instructions/demonstrations to patients and/or families regarding medications and treatment
3. Transport samples to hospital
4. Assists with scheduling of clinic and physician appointments, tests, treatments, etc.
5. Obtain and record all patient history in Electronic Health Record
6. Perform electrocardiography
7. Perform first aid procedures under a provider's supervision
8. Administer intradermal, subcutaneous, and intramuscular injections
Education: High School graduate; completion of Medical Office Assistant Program, Clinical Medical Assistant Program, Registered Medical Assistant or Emergency Medical Technician Program, current certification as a CMA, CCMA, RMA, EMT-Intermediate, or EMT-Paramedic. Current employees without the above credentials are required to hold a ABR-OE designation. All certificates are required within the first 90 days.
Experience: Two years work related experience preferred, certification desirable
Other: Knowledge of medical office practices, equipment and instruments. Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills. Current CPR certification issued by the American Heart Association (AHA) is required
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires range of motion within functional limits. Occasional reaching, pulling, pushing, bending, stooping, twisting. Occasional lifting items of 35 pounds from 6" from floor to 53". Frequent standing, walking and sitting. Manual dexterity, eye-hand coordination, functional vision and hearing.