Under the general direction of the Regional Controller, performs a wide variety of general accounting functions in support of the System's hospital and other entities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
• Oversees day to day accounting, reviews and approves periodic balance sheet reconciliations and directs general ledger analysis activitiesAnalyzes/reviews, verifies and posts transactions to journals, ledgers and other records
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Masters (BA) Degree and/or CPA Certification preferred with a minimum of six years' progressive experience and/or training as well as supervisory experience some of which has been in a healthcare environment.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as generally accepted accounting principles, procedure manuals, service contracts and agreements, etc.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
MATHEMATICAL AND COMPUTER SKILLS:
• Ability to perform basic calculations with respect to analyzing financial results, analyzing budget to actual proportions and results, etc. as well as advanced Excel skills and Word proficiency.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written or oral form.