The Lead Sales Associate supports the Manager in the daily operations of the White Elephant Thrift Store and serves as the immediate supervisor in the absence of the Manager, focusing on customer service and satisfaction. In addition, the Lead Sales Associate maintains accurate financial and donation records, meets or exceeds projected revenue and net profit, maximizes sales profitability, prices and displays merchandise, and serves as a backup cashier. Promotes a healthy, safe, and positive environment with a strong emphasizes on customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist the manager by participating in the day-to-day operations of the store. Serves as the immediate supervisor in the absence of the Manager.
- Assist Manager in implementing programs to ensure that staff and volunteers are effectively trained in customer service, pricing guidelines and strategies, tagging, quality control, merchandise displays, and disposal of unsafe or unacceptable donated merchandise.
- Serves on the sale floor on sale days to employ suggestive selling techniques, actively promote sales and upcoming events, cultivate relationships with customers, increase sales, and rotate/bring out additional inventory. Know the daily goals/daily promotions/upcoming events.
- Serve as the primary contact to coordinate donor pickup service. Receive donor phone calls, evaluate condition of items, schedule donation pick up service.
- Assist Manager with maintaining a current list of restricted merchandise and effectively communicates to donors, volunteers, and staff.
- Assist Manager in ensuring that procedures are followed as needed for efficient, responsible, and safe operation of the store (i.e. opening and closing the store for business). Works in conjunction with facilities, life safety, security, fire department, and any other identified areas to assure compliance. Ensures clean store environment.
- Maintains the principles of confidentiality. Understands the legal/regulatory requirements related to the release of information. Able to use the information systems pertinent to the job.
- Assist in promoting and implementing reward, recognition, and retention of volunteers and staff.
- Listens and provides problem resolution for customer/donor complaints to restore and promote good community relations. Informs Manager or Director of any unresolved or potential problems.
- Assist the Manager in maximizing the stores revenue through effective management, fiscal controls, providing a positive experience with all constituents, attracts customers by originating display ideas, and remaining current on local and regional pricing on comparable items. Researches value of items to determine a fair marketing price.
- Serves as backup cashier. Utilizes accepted NCH accounting policies and procedures to: ensure daily sales reconciliation; deposits; total monthly sales reports; Micros reports.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of High School or GED required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in retail, marketing, sales, or other related field. Cash
- Register experience also required
- Must have current, valid Florida Driver's License that passes the Motor Vehicle Department background check
- Must have good working knowledge of a variety of products and trends including but not limited to: antiques, furniture, clothing, jewelry, and current market retail prices
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to manage multiple projects
- Outstanding people, communication, and problem/conflict resolution skills necessary