Williamson Medical Center is hiring a LPN in Franklin, TN. This is a full time position on day shift. This position is eligible for an excellent benefit package offering medical, dental, vision, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, voluntary life, short-term disability and long-term disability, discounted membership to Williamson County Recreation Centers and more!
At Williamson Medical Center, our employees are more than just another number. To us, they’re family. They’re smart, talented, compassionate, dedicated, and an overall joy to be around. We’re certainly blessed to have the best of the best working here from the cafeteria to the operating room.
But as Williamson County and surrounding areas continue to grow, so must we. That’s why we want YOU to join our family!
This position provides clinical nursing support to Williamson Medical Group by communicating clinical information to patients and businesses, scheduling tests and consultations, obtaining clinical specimens, assessing patients, performing clinical office procedures and maintaining adequate clinical supplies.
Formal Education / Training:
Earned a nursing diploma or degree from a college or university
Licensed by the State of Tennessee.
One year of experience in medical office environment
Equipment and Skills Training:
Must be competent in the use Glucometer, BP cuff, thermometer, computer, stethoscope, audio scope, business phone and various oral and injectable medications.
Must be able to sit, stand, communicate, in English, both orally and in writing and lift over 20 pounds.
1. Accurately records patient’s medical history and vital signs.
2. Gives patients immunizations and injections as appropriate.
3. Counsel patients on health related issues.
4. Orders and maintains clinical supplies and pharmaceuticals
5. Coordinates referrals to other medical services
6. Secures consultations and specialists.
7. Triages phone calls and addresses patient portal messages.
8. Obtain prior authorization for medications and diagnostic testing
9. Assists physician with med/surg procedures
10. Observes universal precautions
11. Maintains quality assurance for office lab
12. Observes proper lifting techniques to prevent injury
13. Coordinates with pharmacies to insure patients have adequate supplies of medicine
Williamson Medical Center is an equal-opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.