At Williamson Medical Center, our employees are more than just another number. To us, they’re family. They’re smart, talented, compassionate, dedicated, and an overall joy to be around. We’re certainly blessed to have the best of the best working here from the cafeteria to the operating room.
But as Williamson County and surrounding areas continue to grow, so must we. That’s why we want YOU to join our family!
To implement, communicate, and assist with assessment and data collection in a timely and accurate manner.
Formal Education / Training:
1. EMT or one year of patient care experience preferred.
2. High school diploma or equivalent.
3. BLS within 90 days of hire
4. Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) initial certification (8-hour training) within one year of employment; certification required bi-annually.
Emergency Patient Care Delivery
Equipment and Skills Training:
Pocket Masks; Sphygmomanometer; Dinamap; Electronic Thermometers; Pneumatic Tube System; Telemetry; Nurse Call System; Fax; Network Computer System; EMS Radio; EKG; AT&T Language Line.
Emergency Department with patient population ranging from less than one year of age>99 years of age.
1. Able to communicate in English verbally and legibly.
2. Able to stand/work for up to twelve hours a day.
3. Able to lift with assistance up to 250 lbs.
1. Assists with data collection
2. Assists with the patient’s care identifying and reporting problems/needs, and performs interventions consistent with identified problems as directed by the nurse.
3. Provides emotional and psychosocial support for patient and family.
4. Collaborates with appropriate health care team members to help coordinate the delivery of patient care in a timely manner.
5. Assists with treatments, procedures and equipment appropriate to areas evidence by adherence to policy, procedure and competency based assessment and no pattern or trend of problem.
6. Organizes assigned task and responsibilities.
7. Documents accurately and timely.
8. Maintains healing and therapeutic environment for the patient and family.
9. Maintains position specific qualifications.
10. Facilitates staff development.
11. Demonstrates responsibility for assigned communications.
12. Demonstrates responsibility for cost containment using supplies judiciously.
13. Handles/ transports medications/ solutions safely and in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures