ABOUT SHERIDAN MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
Sheridan Memorial Hospital is a progressive, state-of-the-art facility nestled beneath the Big Horn Mountains in beautiful Northeast Wyoming. Founded over 100 years ago, Sheridan Memorial is licensed for 88 beds with over 60 physicians who provide primary medical care and specialty care in more than 15 areas. We are proud of our more than 600 employees who provide personalized, patient centered care in a healing environment. When people think of excellent healthcare, they think of Sheridan. JOB SUMMARY
Essential daily duties include reviewing patient histories and assessing the health status of patients by collecting and analyzing patient data, performing treatments and administering chemotherapy and other infusions based on Provider orders. Staff will be responsible for the development and implementation of processes consistent with nursing standards specific to patient needs including patient call-back, walk-in and telephone triage, Specialty Pharmacy support, and the implementation of patient education tools and processes. RNs will be required to perform general nursing duties including evaluation, planning, implementation and documentation of nursing care for an assigned population. Competency testing and administering medications within the nursing scope of practice is expected. It is required that each RN is familiar with standard concepts, procedures, and practices in nursing services. Employees will participate in performance improvement and CQI activities as necessary. Other duties may include assisting in office procedures, supply inventory management, cleaning and organizing rooms and equipment, and appointment scheduling when necessary. The position requires excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with a multi-disciplinary team of professionals as well as healthcare consumers. ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administers medications as directed by the Provider.
- Prepares medications using all safety precautions.
- Prepares cancer patients, both physiologically and psychologically, for chemotherapy.
- Instructs the patients and families in home care following chemotherapy.
- Ability to access IV ports, PICC lines and insert peripheral IV’s.
- Ability to accurately triage patients and intervene appropriately.
- Performs patient care responsibilities considering needs specific to the standard of care for patient’s age.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and the skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patient population served. Able to interpret data about the patient’s status in order to identify each patient’s age specific needs and provide care needed by the patient group.
Disclaimer: The above description has been designed to indicate the general nature of work performed within this position.MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Current Registered Nurse Licensure in the State of Wyoming without restrictions.
- A minimum of five years nursing experience.
- OCN certification required.
- Chemotherapy/Biotherapy Provider card required.
- Current BLS certification.
Sheridan Memorial Hospital is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
Specific demands not listed: Possible exposure to blood and or body fluids / infectious disease / hazardous waste requiring the use of Personal Protective Equipment. Exposure to odorous chemicals / specimens and Latex products.
Pre-employment drug and alcohol screening is required.