Behavioral Health Provider-Medication Assisted Treatment-Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Specialist
STRIDE Community Health Center provides excellent health-related services focusing on the underserved. STRIDE has one of the largest population bases of any community health center in Colorado. STRIDE is dedicated to being a positive work place with a culturally diverse population of employees that are committed to being focused and disciplined team members. STRIDE is also dedicated to taking care of our patients and our employees to ensure the best quality of life.
This position will be 10% administrative and 90% clinical. Activities will include providing direct clinical services to patients in an integrated primary care setting, assisting and supporting the Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) program, and other department related activities as assigned.
- Provide clinical support to those with mental health, substance use and co-occurring
- Provide direct clinical services and interventions to STRIDE patients
- Complete screenings, biopsychosocial assessments, navigate referrals and engage patients in MAT at STRIDE.
- Collaborate with patients’ medical providers to develop treatment goals and monitor patient safety.
- Connect patients to resources within STRIDE and the community to address identified health concerns.
- Engage in service line development
- Support activities of the behavioral health training program.
- Collaborate with clinical staff and other STRIDE department members to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of behavioral health and MAT services to STRIDE patients.·
- Assist in the evaluation of the scope of behavioral health and substance use services offered at STRIDE for maximization of patient impact, fiscal viability and best practice.
Education or Formal Training:
- Ability to interact positively and build rapport with patients, coworkers and/or external contacts.
- Ability to work independently and organize work in a manner that ensures accuracy and efficiency.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize data to determine the appropriate program.
- Able to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situations.
- Ability to manage multiple projects to successful completion at a given time.
- Ability to demonstrate the capability to effectively and sensitively respond to the needs and concerns of the full range of MCPN’s diverse patient population.
- Ability to handle sensitive information ethically and responsibly.
- Ability to protect the confidentiality of patient, employee and business information
Minimum MA/MS in psychology or MSW in social work, will consider Doctorate in Clinical/Counseling Psychology (Ph.D./Psy.D.)
- Minimum 1 year clinical service experience
- Experience working in an integrated primary care setting
- Demonstrated knowledge or experience with behavioral health and substance use treatment modalities
- Colorado Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), or
Colorado Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), or
Colorado Licensed Psychologist,
CACII, CACIII, or LAC/MAC preferred.
- Medical, Dental, and Optional Vision Insurance.
- Paid-Time-Off (PTO).
- Company Paid Life Insurance.
- A 401K retirement savings plan & match!
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Dependent Care options.
- This position is eligible for State and Federal loan repayment programs; employment is not a guarantee of enrollment in said programs.
Join Us. Together We Improve lives.
STRIDE recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our organization. STRIDE is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or veteran status. MCPN does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an unduehardship on the organization.