The Post Award Analyst is part of The Saban Research Institute's (TSRI) Post Award and Research Finance team, primarily responsible for the post award and research finance administration of intramurally and extramurally funded projects. The Analyst will monitor fiscal performance on projects, prepare, review, and process financial transactions, and ensure timely invoicing, financial reporting, and close-out of grants/contracts. The Analyst will be responsible for cash management of grants/contracts, including the Letter of Credit Drawdown. The Analyst will provide expert support to PIs and divisions/departments for grant expenditure management and reconciliation in accordance with institutional and sponsor regulations and handle issues with integrity. The Analyst will be the point of contact for sponsoring agencies and serve as a liaison for the institution. A successful candidate will have research administration and/or clinical research experience; knowledge of a variety of funding types; experience working with faculty in academic, research, clinical, or administrative settings; ability to collaborate on complex issues; perform effectively in a deadline driven environment; strong interpersonal skills and a strong service orientation.
· Bachelor's degree preferred.
· At least 2 years of research administration, post award, and/or research finance experience.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities Required:
· Working knowledge of enterprise-wide research administration software applications
· Experience working with both grants and contracts in a hospital or university setting
· Detailed knowledge of the ability to interpret sponsor guidelines and regulations
· Detailed knowledge of applicable federal, state and other sponsor regulations related to sponsored projects, including Uniform Guidance, and OMB Circulars A-21 and A-110
· Emotional intelligence and professionalism in building strategic hospital relationships
· Passion for service excellence and integrity
· Advanced knowledge of customer service theory and ability to translate into practice
· Ability to provide timely and viable solutions to existing and new problems
· Excellent skills to work collaboratively and act persuasively in sensitive situations
· Ability to work independently
· Professionalism in all communication, as expected in interaction with customers
· Ability to adhere to weekly and monthly deadlines
· Computer skills in a PC/Windows environment including MS Word and MS Excel as demonstrated by application materials and previous experience
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail as demonstrated by application materials