The primary purpose of this position is to provide social services to residents in accordance with professional social service standards, Friendship Village policies and procedures, and federal, state, and local standards, to assure that the emotional and social needs of the residents are met.
* Assists in the development, administration and coordination of department policies and procedures.
* Participates in community planning related to the interests of the facility and the services and needs of the residents and families – Health Center responsibilities.
* Is responsible for maintaining documentation which meets Friendship Village, federal, state and local regulations, (i.e. resident comprehensive assessment, progress notes, plan of care, resident rights, advanced directives, MDS/RAPs, PASARR, and etc.)
* Refers residents/families to appropriate social service agencies when Friendship Village does not provide the services – Health Center responsibilities.
* Assists residents/families to resolve social and environmental problems such as: financial needs, including providing information on Medicare/Medicaid, discharge planning, problems related to clothing and possessions, transportation needs, relationship difficulties. Provides information and refers to internal or community resources as needed – Health Center responsibilities.
* Advocates for resident and family with regard to concerns, needs or problems, including assisting residents/families with anxieties and stress caused by illness and admission to the facility, difficulties in coping with residual physical and/or cognitive disabilities, fears related to helplessness and death and the need for institutional and/or specialized care – Health Center responsibilities.
* Participates in planning, development, and implementation of care plans and resident assessments as necessary; attends care conferences, resident reviews and level of living meetings as necessary.
* Assists in the coordination of room moves/transfers/discharges.
* Develops/facilitates structured groups/individual counseling as needed.
* Reviews complaints and grievances made by the resident/family and makes a written/oral report to the Administrator or designee, indicating what actions where taken to resolve the complaint or grievance.