Certified Nursing Assistants are responsible for providing industry leading personal care and assistance in the facility. Assist residents with personal hygiene, including assistance with dressing, grooming, toileting, feeding, and the giving of baths/showers as well as provide basic treatments as required with direction of the nursing staff.
* Participates as a member of the care team and help maintains the physical, social and psychological environment conducive to residents’ welfare and best interests.
* Observes and reports resident conditions to nursing staff or appropriate supervisor and all information pertaining to procedures carried out, changes, incidents or unusual findings.
* Becomes familiar with residents’ daily needs, likes, dislikes, etc. in order to personalize care given each individual per the residents’ care plan.
* Records all appropriate resident care information accurately and in a timely manner. Observes and reports to Charge Nurse unusual occurrences and changes in resident condition.
* Responds to resident call lights in a timely manner. Listens and responds to resident needs in an appropriate and service minded manner.
* Assists residents in transferring from bed, chair, wheelchair, toilet etc., using appropriate equipment and following principles of body mechanics and safety (help determine number of persons for assist; use gait belt, lifts, grab bars, etc.).
* Helps restore independence through teaching and encouragement in ADL skills (eating, dressing, ambulation, toileting, etc.).
* Develops personalized rapport with residents and provides assistance as requested to residents to care for their belongings. Creates an environment and atmosphere that is customized to their style and preferences.
* Demonstrates fun in creating a positive atmosphere for residents in conjunction with our Core Values.
* Follows instructions and complete daily assignments as assigned and is proactive to change.
* Possesses understanding and compassion for the elderly population.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
* High School Diploma or equivalency (preferred).
* Must be at least 16 years of age (required).
* Successful completion of 75-hour Nurse Aide course (required).
* CPR Certification (preferred).