The Facility Rehab Director is responsible for the efficient and profitable management of rehabilitation services in his/her assigned facility. The Facility Rehab Director supports the delivery of the highest standard and quality of rehabilitation services. This position also provides direct patient care.
Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
* Supervises Rehabilitation personnel providing therapies within account(s).
* Assumes responsibility for conducting or coordinating timely completion of annual performance appraisals for therapy staff.
* Assumes responsibility for daily staffing and utilization, including scheduling.
* Administers financial controls of revenue and expenses.
* Assumes responsibility for facility reports on a weekly and as needed basis.
* Assists in the recruitment and retention of Rehabilitation employees in assigned accounts, along with Regional Director and Recruiter.
* Participates in interview process and orientation for Rehabilitation staff.
* Supports the delivery of the highest level of clinical care within assigned account(s) through appropriate utilization of resources, the promotion of clinical programs and staff development.
* Ensures the clinical management of the rehabilitation department, including oversight related to case management, care planning, appropriate delivery of therapy utilization and patient identification.
* Ensures compliance with company and facility policies, procedures and practices within assigned account areas and reports variances.
* Works closely with Regional Director for identifying potential new business targets and for marketing the services of Blue Stone Therapy Solutions within assigned account areas.
* Participates in patient, family and assigned facility meetings as appropriate.
* Communicates timely and professionally with rehabilitation and facility staff, patients, families, healthcare providers and other customers.
* Coordinates and/or participates in training programs for facility staff, patients, families and rehabilitation staff.
* Promotes new program development with focus on functional outcomes to improve the quality of life of the patients served.
* Participates in continuous quality improvement activities.
* Refers residents to appropriate discipline (OT, PT, ST, nursing, etc.) as necessary, to ensure the most appropriate care is provided to the patients.
* Participates in marketing and community presentations and projects to promote the success of the company and assigned facility.
* Provides direct patient care for assigned facility.
* Successful completion of an accredited program for Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Language Pathology, Physical Therapist Assistant or Occupational Therapy Assistant
* Current, valid license (or eligible for licensure) to practice therapy in Iowa
* 1 (one) year of clinical therapy experience (Experience in skilled therapy setting and management preferred)
* Intermediate skill level in computer software to include Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook (Experience with Casamba preferred)