Surrounded by pristine golf courses and pecan orchards, Prestige Assisted Living at Green Valley is conveniently located 25 miles south of Tucson and just minutes away from the majestic Madera Canyon, where sightings of rare Golden Eagles and Peregrine Falcons are commonplace.:
We engage our residents through a variety of life-enriching programming. Our wellness program, Celebrations, is focused on six wellness categories that empower residents to explore new or treasured hobbies, pastimes and skills. With the Green Valley Celebrations program, residents have the tools to explore a host of exhilarating new activities and to live life the way they want.:
At Green Valley, we offer the award-winning Expressions Memory Care Program, which uses innovative techniques and approaches to turn daily activities into memorable and meaningful events. Our program provides people living with dementia and other forms of cognitive impairment an outlet for creativity through arts, learning, and spirituality, embracing the philosophy that “Life is an Activity”.:
We aim to help residents enjoy life and receive the personal care they need. While our community offers an active lifestyle, it is also the warmth and personal care of our devoted staff that helps fosters a true sense of community.::
Questions? Contact GreenValleyED@prestigecare.com:
Build Your Healthcare Career with Prestige Care:
Prestige Care is a family-owned and operated industry leader in the skilled nursing, assisted living, and rehabilitation space. As a Prestige Care team member, you are more than just an “employee,” you are part of our family. With a company focus on career development and advancement, there are many opportunities for advancement at our over 80 communities and care centers in 8 Western states. The healthcare career opportunities are endless and we look forward to collaborating with you to achieve your professional goals. Check out the career path that you can take with Prestige Care below:
Working Hours Start: Various
Working Hours End: Various
Cooks prepare food in accordance with menus, diet specifications, sanitary practices, and resident preference, and in a manner that reflects quality of service and facility philosophy.
* Prepares food and meals in accordance with planned menus, diet plans, portion control and sanitary procedures meeting health department standards and company policies.
* Checks and records food temperatures prior to serving and serves meals that are palatable, appetizing and appealing.
* Reviews menus, making only necessary substitutions in accordance with company policies and procedures.
* Assures that food and supplies are available for the next meal, pulling supplies from freezer as required for the next meal preparations. Notifies dietary services supervisor of needed supplies.
* Prepares and assists in the preparations of special meals to meet individual resident needs and special meetings and events.
* Maintains a clean and safe work area, cleaning spills and pots regularly and carries out the daily and scheduled cleaning duties according to assignments.
* Ensures proper storage of food and supplies meeting health department regulations.
* Uses cleaners and other hazardous materials according to department procedures.
* Follows community and health department fire safety, infection control and hazardous chemicals procedures and practices.
* Reports all unsafe conditions, incidents or equipment to dietary department supervisor or executive director immediately.
* Respects dignity and confidentiality standards, promoting resident and staff rights.
* Assists the dietary department supervisor in directing the activities of the dietary aides as called upon.
* Executes the inventory and storage of incoming foods and supplies as requested or assigned by the dietary department supervisor.
* Attends and participates in training, in-services, and staff meetings.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
* A minimum of one year experience cooking in a restaurant or the dietary department of a hospital or similar environment.
* Meet job-related health department or state regulations by holding required state certification or service license.
* Proficient at reading written menus and direction, comprehend verbal instructions, and write at a level necessary to meet job expectations.
Keywords: Chef, Cook, Prep Cook, Line Cook, Sous Chef, Executive Chef, Senior Living, Assisted Living, Memory Care, Independent Living, Food, Restaurant, Fast Food, Bistro
Part time Cook Position
Salary $13-$14 per hour.
Must be able to pass a background check.