This position is part of the Morning Pointe team responsible for the execution of resident-focused life enrichment activities.
Candidates should have experience in senior resident services and activities for seniors with Alzheimer’s and other Memory Care needs. Previous Life Enrichment experience in a senior Living Community setting preferred. Strong verbal and written communications skills as well as excellent organization and interpersonal skills are a must. Should have basic computer skills and use Windows 98 and basic office suite software. Occasional travel required. Valid driver’s license and proof of insurability required.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
Resident Focused Duties:
* Responsible for implementation of special Morning Pointe programs such as hydration, falls prevention, exercise and others as identified.
* Identify and share resident success stories and best practices to improve quality of service provided.
* Assist with accurate assessments of each resident to identify lifestyles and needs in the resident’s record.
* Conduct individual and group life enrichment programs. Offer a minimum of six (6) group activities a day, as well as individual activities based on the residents’ interests and The Lantern programming protocols.
* Meet with residents on a regular basis to encourage programming participation.
* Assist in the coordination of regular family events.
* Assist with the distribution of mail and snacks as needed.
* Assist Program Director with transportation for residents as needed.
Community Relations Duties:
* Assist in the development of community relations programs (i.e., volunteers and special events/corresponding press releases/photos for local media).
* As a hostess and greeter, ensure that all visitors to the community are greeted and directed to the proper person or area when not engaged in activities.
* Assist when not in activities, to ensure that the telephone is answered promptly and appropriately.
* As needed, inform supervisor and Executive Director of any concerns related to residents, associates or the Community at large.
* Assist Program Director when conducting Community orientation with new residents.
* Assist with daily mail delivery.
* Assist with documentation in serviced records upon admission, in conjunction with the service assessments and per required need.
* Assist with implementation of monthly activities calendar.
* Assist the Program Director in the development and distribution of the Community newsletter.
* Complete and distribute birthday cards to residents and associates.
* Provide information about the residence when the Executive Director, Resident Services Director or Program Director is not available.
* Plan and carry out special projects as assigned.
Frequent lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, stooping, bending, turning and stretching. Finger and hand dexterity required. Visual and hearing acuity essential. Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions necessary.
* Assist with meals (serving and feeding)
* Make beds neatly and apply appropriate bedding
* Clean assigned rooms (bathrooms, bed change, dust, and vacuum)
* Give assigned showers and assist with showers
* Assist residents to bathroom
* Monitor residents at least every two hours to assure safety and that linens and clothing are clean and dry
* Put laundry away and wash as much laundry that time allows
* Carry radio and beeper at all times
* Report any changes or abnormal occurrences to nurse (pressure spots, bruising, skin tears, swelling, etc…)
* Assist with ADLs
* Provide frequent hydration
* Responsible for the resident’s physical, mental, and spiritual well being. We are to assist one another to meet these needs.