Responsible for providing personal care assistance and daily activity support. Provide a safe and secure environment. Monitor and ensure the general well being of the residents. Assist with daily meal service. Assist with housekeeping and laundry services as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Uphold Mission, Philosophies and Values.
* Assist all residents with personal care needs, such as bathing, dressing, toileting, oral hygiene, daily reminders, transferring, ambulating, grooming; i.e., oral care, make-up, powder, deodorant, shaving, etc.
* Communicate changes in the physical and/or emotional status of the resident and/or family. Report any medical issues to the Resident Care Coordinator, nurse on duty, or Assisted Living Director.
* Maintain current and accurate records.
* Assist/transport residents to and from the dining room as needed.
* Assist with dining room service and tray delivery/pick-up of meals to the residents. Monitor food intake and assist in feeding when necessary.
* Assist with resident activities and snacks as needed.
* Assist with any housekeeping that is needed; i.e.; making beds and straightening rooms, laundry, cleaning of common areas, etc.
* Follow assignment sheets for toileting needs, bath schedule, etc.
* Receive and/or give verbal shift exchange from/to LPN and/or Resident Assistant at shift change.
* Practice proper Universal Precautions and body mechanics for resident and staff sanitation and safety.
* Do not engage in conversation that violates resident confidentiality or is controversial in nature.
* Maintain confidentiality of all resident medical and any other personal information.
* Maintain constant awareness of traffic in and out of the community, screen visitors and refer them to the appropriate staff/resident.
* Respond promptly and assist with any resident emergency.
* Maintain a positive and cheerful attitude.
* Assist with special events as needed.
* Maintain all equipment in a clean and safe manner.
* Report any unusual incidents to the LPN, Resident Care Coordinator, Assisted Living Director, Manager on Duty or Executive Director/General Manager.
* Maintain a professional appearance, adhering to the uniform policy.
* Maintain a professional caring approach when dealing with residents, families, staff, visitors, vendors and the general public.
* Attend all meetings as required by management.
* Any other duties as required by the Resident Care Coordinator, nurse on duty, or Director of Assisted Living.
Requires high school diploma or equivalent. Experience in working with the elderly and/or personal care preferred. Must possess the ability to read, write and speak English. Possess strong oral, written and telephone skills. Be dependable. Lift 50 pounds unassisted. The ability to work on your feet for eight hours a day, five days a week. Obtain and maintain First Aid/CPR certifications and be capable of meeting all requirements that may be specified by the state or other regulatory agencies. Obtain current Food Handlers permit.