Our Respiratory Therapist position will be responsible for care at both of our Owensboro nursing facilities:
Hermitage Care Rehabilitation Center and Signature HealthCARE at Hillcrest.:
Signature HealthCARE has a vision to radically change the landscape of healthcare forever. It’s more than a corporation… it’s a Revolution. We are currently seeking an innovative and progressive leader to join the mission.
Signature HealthCARE is an industry leader in post-acute, long term care and rehabilitation services. We operate more than 115 locations across 10 states employing over 17,000 Stakeholders (our thoughtful and loving employees).
A growing number of Signature centers are earning Five-Star ratings from the Centers for Medicare Medicaid Services. We were also named one of Modern Healthcare’s “Best Places to Work” three times! Signature’s culture is unparalleled and founded on three pillars: Learning, Spirituality, and Innovation. Come see what the Revolution is all about!
As a Respiratory Therapist, you will be responsible assessing, treating, and caring for patients with breathing disorders. The Respiratory Therapist assumes primary responsibility for all respiratory care modalities. The Respiratory Therapist initiates and conducts therapeutic procedures; maintains patient records; and selects, assembles, checks, and operates appropriate equipment as per medical practitioner orders. Duties will also include offering training and education to residents, families, and other Stakeholders. Provide respiratory therapy services according to practice guidelines and evidence-based disease management.
Requirements for Consideration include:
* Graduate of an approved program by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Committee on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC).
* Licensure appropriate to the state the Respiratory Therapist is working in.
* Certifications related to the position; including certification by the National Board of Respiratory Care, CPR, etc.
* Minimum of one (1) year previous job experience; long-term care field preferred.
* Effective verbal and written English communication skills.
* Highest level of professionalism with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Ability to communicate at all levels of organization and work well within a team environment in support of company objectives.
Signature HealthCARE is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran and other protected categories.
We offer short-term rehabilitative care as well as long-term care at our 140 bed facility. Our emphasis is on service excellence providing quality care to allow for independence and to enable our patients to receive the medical care they need, the restorative therapy they require, and the support they and their families deserve. There is RN coverage 24-hours a day, seven days a week, a comprehensive recovery care unit and we offer a range of physical, occupational and speech therapies. Other amenities include WiFi availability, an outdoor courtyard and patio, and more. Working with your physician, our staff including medical specialists, nurses, nutritionists, therapists, dietitians and social workers establishes a comprehensive treatment plan intended to restore you or your loved one to the fullest practicable potential.