We are now offering a sign on bonus for a limited time. Utility candidates hired will be eligible for $500. Details will be provided in the interview.
In accordance with National Lutheran’s We Care philosophy, the Guiding Principle Core Values, and in alignment with the NLCS culture, the Utility Staff is responsible and accountable for the following:
The Utility Staff will performs a wide variety of complex and routine tasks in the preparation, service and delivery of food products and/or service of dining services operations. Activities may include manual work in support of department operations to include: operating dish machine, washing pots, performing heavy cleaning duties; transporting equipment, food, supplies, and refuse as directed. Assume lead worker duties when required.
* Support and adhere to all policies, procedures, guidelines and standards of NLCS.
* Retrieve, collect and transport food service supplies, equipment and refuse as directed.
* Strips carts/trays, sorts and rinses dishes and silverware; operates and unloads dish machine, stores clean items; inspects washed items for cleanliness and breakage.
* Washes pots, pans and other food service/kitchen equipment.
* Cleans and maintains dish machine; cleans and sanitizes assigned areas.
* Collects, sorts, recycles and disposes of food service trash.
* Assists in food service line and/or dining services setup; ensures that quality standards are maintained and safe food handling guidelines are adhered to.
* Dining room service; preparation of hot line for service as needed.
* Proper breakdown of hot line including cleaning and storage of left-overs.
* Assists with meal delivery as needed.
* Detects and immediately report improperly prepared food or food that does not meet NLCS and regulatory standards. Also report defective/damaged food and supplies inventory to designated supervisor.
* Adheres to all NLCS kitchen policies and procedures to include those related to equipment operation, food stock rotation, and safe food handling practices, food preparation and storage.
* Assists in the maintenance and upkeep of dining service areas in addition to other areas of the community as needed.
* Maintains sanitization of production work areas and equipment.
* Other duties as assigned
* High school graduate or equivalent education is preferred. One year experience in commercial cooking or health care food preparation is preferred.
* Be able to communicate, read, write and follow direct effectively in English as applicable to their job responsibilities.
* Ability to prepare/handle food using safe food handling practices.
* Basic math skills.
* Willingness to perform routine, repetitive tasks with frequent interruptions.
* Ability to operate food preparation equipment and troubleshoot equipment malfunctions.
* Ability to communicate at all levels, provide instruction and train other employees as required.
* Ability to maintain inventory.
* Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.