An equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, race, ethnicity, gender, religion, or otherwise. Minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Responsible for the timely and accurate completion of the MDS process from admission to discharge. Coordinate information systems operations and education for the clinical department.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION:
* Works in collaboration with facility team to assess the needs of the resident
* Assists with coordination and management of care management meetings, to include review of resident care and the setting of assessment reference dates
* Complies with federal and state regulations regarding completion and coordination of the MDS process
* Monitors MDS and care plan documentation for all residents.
* Ensures documentation is present in the medical record to support MDS coding
* Maintains current MDS status of assigned residents according to state and federal guidelines
* Supports the tracking system of MDS schedules (timeframes and due dates)
* Maintains the frequent and accurate data entry of resident information into appropriate
* Completes accurate coding of the MDS with information obtained via medical record review as well as observation and interview with facility staff, resident and family members
* As required, attends team meetings and other meetings in order to gather information,
communicate changes, and maintain and update records
* Continually updating knowledge base related to data entry and computer technology
* As required, may participate in quality assurance activities
* May complete electronic submission of required documentation to required databases and other entities per company policy
* Perform additional duties as assigned
EDUCATION / REQUIREMENTS:
RN, LPN, or LVN licensure within the State plus a minimum of two years MDS experience in long term care; or equivalent combination of education and experience. LVN or LPN may be considered with exceptional qualifications and regional/divisional review and approval. Must have current AANAC (RAC-CT) certification or obtain it within 90 days of hire.