Hospice C.N.A. makes visits according to the plan of care, following the scope of practice as a Certified Nurse Aide in the State of Tennessee, supervised by a Licensed R.N.
* Responsible for performing basic personal care procedures for Hospice patients.
* Responsible for bathing patients (i.e., bed bath, sponge bath, tub bath, or shower).
* Responsible for routine hair care (i.e., shampoo dry, comb, and brush)
* Responsible for mouth care (i.e., brush teeth, mouth swabs).
* Responsible for shaving patient as necessary.
* .Ensures patient’s clothes are changed.
* Responsible for taking and recording vital signs each visit.
* Ensures blood pressure, respiration, temperatures, and pulse is taken and recorded.
* Responsible for positioning patient.
* Ensures patient is turned in bed as needed and positioned as comfortably as possible.
* Responsible for moving patient to chair, commode,etc., as needed.
* Ensures bed linens are changed each visit.
* The C.N.A. is available to assist with medications that are ordinarily self-administered.
* Responsible for administering enemas as ordered by RN (ie. fleets, SSE).
* May be responsible for simple dressing and cleaning of affected area under direction of RN.
* Responsible for recording intake and output as necessary.
* Responsible for preparing food and feeding patient as necessary.
* Responsible for providing moral support to patient (i.e. listening and giving encouragement).
* Responsible for recognizing and reporting changes in patient’s condition or behavior to assigned RN.
* Responsible for providing homemaker services as designated in the plan of care such as housekeeping related to the immediate patient area or patient need at the time of visit.
* Responsible for providing skin care and nail care as necessary
* Responsible for completing daily documentation in electronic medical record.
* Ensures time and travel information is completed and submitted to the appropriate person.
* High school diploma or equivalency
* Documented proof of at least 75 certified education hours/completed training program
* Actively TN and GA State Nurse Aide Certified in good standing
* One year of State Certified Nurse Aide experience; hospice or HH experience a plus.
* Ability to independently organize work and provide effective health care services to homebound patients through appropriate patient care, and document said care thoroughly, accurately, and completely on a timely basis.
* Accept travel and working conditions as assigned, personal vehicle/car insurance.
* Working knowledge of the principles of safe and appropriate personal care and practice of company policies and procedures, to include effective communication skills (oral and written) and CPR certification.
Full-time and PRN opportunities available
High school or equivalent
* State Certified Nurse Aide: 1 year
Required license or certification:
* TN State Nurse Aide Certified