Now Hiring for Part-Time and Full-Time:
About Sprenger Health Care Systems:
Since 1959 Sprenger Health Care Systems continues to be family owned and operated. Sprenger offers the full continuum of aging services including: Short Term Rehabilitation, Skilled Nursing, Memory Care, Assisted Living, Independent Living, Hospice, and Home Health.
Our innovative care, excellent customer service, and compassionate dedicated employees have made Sprenger Health Care Systems a leader in providing exceptional health care. Sprenger Communities have a history of excellent Resident and Family Satisfaction Surveys, 5 Star Ratings, Deficiency Free Surveys, and US News and World Report Rankings.
Sprenger Health Care Systems is committed to maintaining a fair and unbiased work environment and we welcome all qualified candidates to apply to any of our 13 Communities throughout Ohio and Indiana. We understand that quality of care starts right here with our employees. For those team members who rise to the challenge and exceed the standard of care, the career possibilities can be endless. Join us today to experience the Sprenger difference!
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate is energetic, organized and has strong multitasking abilities. Cooks should be committed to learning and complying with health care standards of food preparation for nursing homes. This position requires a candidate that can handle a high volume of preparation and service. You must be able to delegate and successfully work in a team environment. Candidates should be able and willing to help in any area of dining services department as needed. Applicants should be passionate about culinary arts and be able to serve delicious and safe food to our residents. This position will report to the Director of Dining Services and by applying for the position you recognize that nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties or responsibilities to this job at any time. You may be asked to help in other areas of the building as needed for the optimal performance of your building/department and the well-being of our residents.
Essential Job Functions:
As Cook in a Grace Management Services facility you must be able to perform the following essential functions as demonstrated by the ability to:
* Responsible for safety handling and preparing appetizing and palatable food.
* Must be able to follow oral and written directions.
* Follows written menus and recipes and is able to understand and follow menu extensions.
* Understand therapeutic diets and serves them as per physician’s orders.
* Follows menus and recipes avoiding food waste.
* Serves food according to meal schedules.
* Comply with state, federal and OSHA regulations.
* Comply with all facility policies and procedures.
* Responsible for care and cleaning of food service equipment.
* Works cooperatively with food service staff and other departments.
* Accountable for the information in the employee handbook.
* Adheres to all facility policies and procedures including resident’s rights, infection control, and safety.
* Consistently demonstrates dependability and punctuality.
* Assumes responsibility for the dietary staff in the absence of the dietary manager.
* Must be able to work alone.
* May place food orders as directed by the dietary manager.
* Attends in-services, seminars, and food shows as directed by supervisor.
* Represents the dietary department in a professional manner and accepts duties from supervisor in a cooperative manner.
* Understands that exposure to hazardous chemicals or blood borne pathogens is a possibility of long term care.
* High School Diploma or G.E.D. preferred
* All candidates must be proficient in basic computer programs and must be able to correspond timely through e-mail or other forms of technical communication as needed to successfully complete the requirements for this job. Employees are required to complete monthly on-line education courses to keep our team members knowledgeable on the latest information and regulations. By completing the application for this position, you acknowledge that you feel comfortable meeting these qualifications.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals may be required to:
* Sit or stand for extended periods of time
* Reach above shoulder heights, below waist or lift as required to complete the job responsibilities
* Proper lifting techniques, ability to read computer screens and the ability to follow written and verbal instructions are required
* Must be able to lift 35 – 50 pounds. Raising objects from lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position. This requirement occurs to a considerable degree and requires the substantial use of the upper extremities and back muscles.
* Must be able to balance, climb, crouch, grasp, kneel, pull, push, reach, stand and stoop adequately to perform the essential functions of the job.
* Must be able to hear, smell, feel and speak adequately to perform the essential functions of the job.
* Must be able to read and write the English language.
* Must be able to work inside and outside with exposure to outdoor weather conditions.
To read the entire job description, please click here