Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant: Porter Express Care: Per diem, day & weekend shifts available. VT APRN or PA license and at least one year of experience in family practice or emergency medicine setting required.
Porter Express Care is seeking a highly motivated Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant who is comfortable in treating urgent care conditions in an independent setting with physician back up available. Porter Express Care is attached to Porter Hospital but separate from the Emergency Department.
Porter Express Care’s hours of operation are:
Monday – Friday: 9am - 7pm
- NP/PA with graduation from an accredited program.
- Applicant must hold current NP or PA-C Vermont license.
- One year clinical experience in family practice or emergency medicine setting.
- BLS/ACLS certification.
The University of Vermont Health Network/Porter Medical Center
- Applicant should be comfortable triaging and treating patients across all ages, and provide high quality urgent and emergent care as necessary.
- Point of care lab services and x-ray are available.
- Duties include suturing, foreign body removal, splinting fractures, abscess drainage, and other Express Care appropriate procedures.
- Applicant should be adept at initial interpretation of EKG’s, radiographic studies, and lab results.
Located in and around Middlebury, Vermont, Porter Medical Center includes a 25-bed Critical Access Hospital (CAH), network of physician and specialty practices, and a 98-bed skilled nursing facility. As the second largest employer in the county, we consider our employees to be our greatest resource. Our mission is to improve the health of our community, one person at a time.
Porter Medical Center enjoys a spectacular view of the Green Mountains, with winter skiing at the College-owned Snow Bowl and Rikert Nordic center and every other season offering hiking, cycling, sailing, boating, fishing, hunting, nature adventures and more (http://experiencemiddlebury.com). Porter is adjacent to the Middlebury College campus, one of the finest liberal arts colleges in the nation, with outstanding programs in athletics, foreign languages, and fine arts. The town of Middlebury is a classic New England small town, with excellent dining and shopping options. Local public schools are excellent with graduates ready to succeed, whether at an Ivy League University or an organic dairy farm.
If your goal is to practice in a rural, yet sophisticated, college town and become part of a vibrant professional community committed to family and your own personal development - look no further than Porter Medical Center.
For additional information, please contact Hollie Bachilas, HR Recruiter, at email@example.com.