We are currently looking for a PRN Pool Registered Nurse for our 5 South Unit. This is a 24 bed surgical oncology unit specializing in gynecology, sarcoma, thoracic, breast and plastic surgery patients.
· The PRN Pool Registered Nurse delivers individualized quality nursing care to cancer patients and families in accordance with established hospital guidelines, nursing professional practice model, nursing care standards and policies and in accordance with ANA code of ethics and external regulatory agencies.
· PRN Pool Registered Nurses embody the vision, mission, and philosophy of Moffitt Nursing and are committed to and accountable for personalized patient and family centered care and the concepts of Duffy's quality caring model/caring factors. These frameworks of care include: collaboration and mutual problem solving, dignity and human respect, encouraging manner, attentive reassurance, appreciation of unique meaning, healing environment, basic human needs, information sharing, caring for self, and affiliation needs.
· PRN Pool Registered Nurses use the nursing process to effectively plan and manage quality patient care. Biophysical, psychosocial, environmental, self-care, educational and discharge planning needs are addressed in all steps of the nursing process. This is demonstrated in base-line and comparative documentation, entered in a timely manner, and with evidence of age-appropriate consideration when care is planned, delivered, and evaluated.
The Ideal Candidate
· The ideal candidate will have experience in the following:
o Med-surg care
o Post operative care
o Excellent customer service and patient interaction
o Being part of a team
· Uses the nursing process to assess, plan, and evaluate the care of cancer patients and families. Integrates patient and family centered care and the quality caring factors into practice
· Identifies, documents, and provides patient education based on learning needs of the patient
· Participates in Evidence based improvement activities related to area of practice
· Participates in professional development based on the nursing professionals standards, regulatory requirements, and job expectations
Credentials and Qualifications:
· BSN from an ACEN or CCNE accredited institution with at least one year of relevant experience or ASN from an ACEN or CCNE accredited institution with 2 years of relevant experience and enrolled to complete BSN from an ACEN or CCNE within 3 years of hire
· FL RN License
· BLS Certification
Equal Employment Opportunity
Moffitt Cancer Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran or disabled status. We seek candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
Posting Title: Registered Nurse – Pool Nurse Unit 5 South
Do you meet the following educational requirement?
- ASN degree from an ACEN or CCNE accredited institution with 2 years of relevant experience AND enrolled in an ACEN or CCNE accredited BSN program to be completed within 3 years
- BSN degree from an ACEN or CCNE accredited institution with 1 year of relevant experience
Do you meet the following requirements?
- Basic Cardiac Life Support Certification
- Florida RN License
I have a BSN from an ACEN or CCNE accredited institution.
I have at least 2 years of Med-surg experience as a registered nurse.
I have experience caring for Neurosurgery patients as a registered nurse.
If you have experience in hematology oncology and/or blood and marrow transplantation as a registered nurse, list specific procedures you have assisted with or performed:
I have experience as a registered nurse in an outpatient clinic setting.