Responsible for registering patients and ensuring the registrations are accurate, benefits and authorizations are obtained, and co-payments, deductibles and deposits are collected. Scheduling appointments, conducting follow-up calls for no-shows, and generating referrals as needed.
- Ability to work independently, recognize errors, and make necessary corrections.
- Have basic mathematical skills.
- Have basic computer skills and be able to function in or have the ability to learn the Windows PC environment.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn the EMR System.
- Have the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Register patients according to all BocaCare/BRRH and departmental policies and procedures.
- Identify and verify insurance plans and to enter the correct information in the computer system.
- Request and document payment of all applicable patient co-payments, deductibles, and deposits.
- Ensure that all pre-certification requirements have been met within the specified time frame as detailed by the insurance contract.
- Obtain all required signatures and complete all required forms, including Medicare Secondary Payer Questionnaire and the Advance Beneficiary Notice Form.
- Schedule multiple appointments for the BocaCare locations.
- Confirm all MD/Advanced Practitioner/Nurse visits.
- Maintain cancellation list for location.
- Provide administrative support to the physician/advanced practitioner and departments.
- Obtain/enter accurate demographic and insurance information into computer system.
- Recognize the influence of beliefs and cultures on behaviors and accept strengths and limitations in others.
- Exhibit adaptability, flexibility, self-control and maturity in work and behavior.
- Exhibit calm responsiveness to emergency or stressful situations.
- Recognize situations which require notification of a supervisor.
- Answer all incoming calls within established standards and efficiently route calls to appropriate departments/sites.
- Communicate all patient messages and requests via email/EMR tasks to MA/MD/RN/LPN/Advanced Practitioner and various departments.
- Be able to write simple correspondence.
- Be able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Reschedule and call appointments in the computer, contingent on physician or office schedule changes.
- Communicate any patient demographic or insurance information changes to the business office prior to patient presenting for an appointment.
- Complete assignments with promptness and accuracy.
- Meet deadlines for all tasks assigned.
- Prioritize work assignments and complete tasks in a timely fashion.
- Creatively pursue continuous quality improvements, which increase customer satisfaction and organizational financial performance.
- Be an active contributor in all customer service initiatives.
- Be proactive in providing hospitality to all BocaCare/BRRH's patients, families, visitors, employees and physicians.
- Serve as an ambassador for BocaCare/BRRH.
Minimum Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
One to two years of related experience and/or training
*Selected Candidate Will be Employed by BocaCare, Inc Physician Network, an affiliate of Boca Raton Regional Hospital
*Incumbent may be required to perform emergency duty before, during and/or beyond normal work hours or days in the event of an emergency, crisis situation or disaster (man-made or natural) including evacuation sites.
*The person in this position will work in a smoke-free location, and is expected to adhere to all smoking restrictions.
*In the spirit of wellness for both our employees and patients, Boca Raton Regional Hospital has instituted a mandatory influenza prevention vaccination program. Current employees must receive the influenza prevention vaccination free of charge during the recognized flu season. As a condition of employment, new hires will be required to comply with all program rules. This is a mandatory program with the exception of documented medical or religious reasons for not receiving the vaccine. For further information on this progressive program, please contact Boca Raton Regional Hospital's Human Resources Department at 561-955-4075.