The Chief Operations Officer is responsible for ongoing coordination and development of key functions within the Fisher-Titus Health System that impact institutional and community health needs. In conjunction with the President/CEO, and as a member of the Senior Leadership team, develops and implements corporate strategy. The Chief Operations Officer reports to the President/CEO and serves as the senior executive providing administrative leadership and direction for: Philanthropy/Outreach, Volunteer Services, Corporate Portfolio Management, Asset Property Management and External Business Affiliations including Kaiser Community Pharmacy and North Central EMS. The Chief Operations Officer represents the organization in a variety of internal and external capacities and is responsible for the further development and integration of the companies of Fisher-Titus Health. Provides financial and business oversight for the business entities in the Fisher-Titus Health System.
- Reports to: President and CEO
- Ten or more years of executive experience in hospital operations, reflecting increasing managerial responsibilities is required, with at least five years being in senior leadership level positions in an acute care hospital environment.
- Experience with a complex hospital/health system clinical and ancillary department, physician relationship, clinical alliances and a proven background in clinical quality and patient safety improvement.
- Keen understanding and demonstrated ability to apply financial acumen.
- Education, Master's Degree and clinical expertise is preferred. Bachelors degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration, or in a closely related field is required.
- Participates in the development of Fisher-Titus Health System companies' objectives, plans and programs; conceives and recommends a wide range of plans and programs designed to meet present and future needs of the Corporation and its entities. Activities include strategic planning, service line development, facility development, and community outreach.
- Responsible for all aspects of system operations; Philanthropy/Outreach, Corporate Portfolio Management, Asset Property Management and External Business Affiliations including Kaiser Community Pharmacy and North Central EMS
- Participates in Board and Health System Meetings.
- Provide leadership for facility maintenance and cleanliness throughout Fisher-Titus Health,
- Assure a safe and secure environment for our patients and employees by leading a security force that is highly collaborative
- Guides and directs facility development projects.
- Provides financial and business oversight for the business entities in the Fisher-Titus Health System.
- Recognizes role to promote system participation in healthcare activities within the community. Examples include community health assessment, economic development projects, and health outreach projects and other similar types of activities. Also recognizes importance of taking participating role in regional, state and national activities that impact health care delivery, services, quality or safety.
- Proactively initiate and drive change in processes, tools and capabilities that increase operational efficiency and effectiveness while complying with regulatory requirements.
- Measure efficiency across entire team operations, execution, delivery, client contracts, planning, budgeting/forecasting.