Sr. Administrative Director, Gastroenterology
Responsible for the strategic and operational management of all business and clinical functions within assigned area. Oversees all activities in support of the organization’s mission to provide the highest quality patient care in an economically sound and efficient manner.
Provides leadership and direction to administrative and clinical staff to ensure maximum utilization of resources and the efficient delivery of services for assigned practices
Interacts on a routine (monthly minimum) basis with each physician to ensure their practice business needs are met and:
- Resolves any medical/administrative problems.
- Keeps lines of communication open between practice staff and administration.
- Ensures a high level of communication with Physicians, Hospital Administration, and Practice Administration.
- Works with Hospital Administration to develop and implement market strategies for Physician acquisition, employment or recruitment
- Identifies Physician or Practice targets to increase market share. Identifies practice/business development opportunities to increase the practices’ market share.
- Completes due diligence for acquisition targets. Collaborates with Hospital Administration and VP/DO to determine acquisition potential.
- Effectively on boards new Practices, Physicians, and Staff through collaboration with various departments, bridging gaps in private vs. network philosophies.
- Stays abreast of current developments and identifies action plans for implementation within markets
- Develops cost/benefit analyses of new patient care services and equipment to maximize patient revenues
- Meets quarterly with each Physician to review personal performance as compared to Practice indicators, benchmarks, and Physician Employment Agreement production. Sets Physician and Administrator targets and goals accordingly.
- Performs financial and operational reviews, overseeing expenditures, staffing and overtime, marketing/volume building, and various operational indicators.
- Counsels, disciplines and/or recommends termination of Physicians or employees as required
- Develops and oversees implementation and administration of internal practice policies and procedures in conjunction with Physical Services standard policies and procedures. Interprets applicable laws, rules and regulations and ensures the practice is in compliance with them
Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field required, with an emphasis in Healthcare administration preferred. Master’s degree in related field preferred.
- Six-Sigma preferred.
- Certification of Fellowship in MGMA and/or ACHE preferred.
- Minimum five to seven years previous practice management experience required; may oversee up to three practice administrators.
- Physician or Group Strategic planning experience required, including ability to build volumes, open new sites, and engage community.
- Effective working knowledge of health care financial management required, specifically medical practice accounting, and third party reimbursement issues.
- Experience managing budgets of $10MM - $15MM.
- Demonstrated experience using business analytics to review, understand, and present data to senior management, in support of business decisions.
- Patient Centered Medical Homes experience required to drive the metrics and quality required for PCMH, including implementing consistent processes across the service line to meet the expectations of the certification.