MDS Coordinator/Infection Control/Resident Care Manager (RN):
Call For More Information: (360) 693-1474:
Discovery Nursing and Rehab:
At Discovery Nursing Rehab, we take pride in holding onto our precious, small town charm. We are located just off Interstate 5 and centrally located in Vancouver, Washington.:
Our programs range from short-term, transitional care that bridges the gap between hospital and home to long-term placement for those unable to effectively manage in a more independent environment. Each one utilizes a comprehensive assessment process and interdisciplinary approach to help patients achieve the highest possible level of independence and quality of life.:
In addition to the many amenities, we offer Prestige’s award-winning Expressions Memory Care Program, designed to make our residents feel accepted, important, comfortable… at home. Expressions creates a buffer against fear and the stress of dementia and other forms of cognitive impairment through activities that stimulate the body and mind, and enrich the life of our residents.:
Prestige Care is about people helping people, and is rooted in a philosophy of caring based on our core values - respect, integrity, commitment, and trust - that are at the center of all we do. Our mission is to provide quality care, guided by a compassionate heart and our promise is to personally touch lives every day. At Prestige we offer a dynamic and collaborative environment where you will not only make a difference in the lives of others every day; you have the opportunity to grow professionally, learn new skills and advance your career.:
Build Your Healthcare Career with Prestige Care:
Prestige Care is a family-owned and operated industry leader in the skilled nursing, assisted living, and rehabilitation space. As a Prestige Care team member, you are more than just an “employee,” you are part of our family. With a company focus on career development and advancement, there are many opportunities for advancement at our over 80 communities and care centers in 8 Western states. The healthcare career opportunities are endless and we look forward to collaborating with you to achieve your professional goals. Check out the career path that you can take with Prestige Care below:::
We also offer a full benefits suite to eligible employees that includes the following:
· Medical, dental, and vision coverage
· HSA/FSA accounts
· Employer paid group life and ADD insurance
· 401(k) plan with company match
· Paid vacation, sick days, and holidays
· Employee Assistance Program
· Commitment to career development and continuing education
· Scholarship/ tuition reimbursement
· Flexible scheduling
· Employee discounts: cell service, theme parks, and so much more!:
*Benefits may vary by location/status:::::
The Resident Care Manager provides and plans the daily nursing activities and care as prescribed by the physician and in accordance with accepted standards of nurse practice and regulations. Promotes a positive physical and psychosocial environment for the residents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* The Resident Care Manager plans and directs ongoing care in collaboration with the RN Care Manager shift supervisor, recognizing individual needs of residents and staff.
* Monitors work assignments, provides feedback, evaluates performance, redirects staff, and informs Director of Nursing Services of pertinent problems timely.
* Communicates and coaches staff regarding policies, completes quality care audits, and works with professional staff in the daily delivery of resident care.
* Assist with new admissions, transfers, and discharges ensuring related documentation is current, signed, and the recordkeeping meets the policies and procedures.
* Reviews and completes resident records and related documentation in a timely manner, including the completion of the MDS and observations/forms as scheduled for each resident
* Plans and conducts resident care conferences and develops interdisciplinary plan of care for each resident.
* Regularly observes, audits and reviews each resident’s condition, status, and care requirements and takes appropriate action to assure care needs are met.
* Develops nursing care plans for each resident that meets the needs of the resident and the physician recommendations and reports changes in condition of residents that requires nursing intervention notifying the physician, director of nursing services, and family.
* Transcribes and carries out or delegates physician orders in accordance with the nurse practice act.
* Documents all pertinent information in the interdisciplinary notes and on the 24-hour report timely and accurately.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Supports a dignified and caring atmosphere with residents, residents’ families, visitors and staff.
Protects privacy and confidentiality of information pertaining to residents, employees, the facility, and company information and records.
Maintains a safe and secure working environment and practices safe working habits.
Maintains neat appearance, good personal hygiene, and appropriate attire.:
This position does have supervisory responsibilities.:
The Resident Care Manager must have a current, unencumbered RN license. NOTE: Oregon requires this position to have a current RN license. Excellent written and oral communication and motivational skills are essential to success. Ability to creatively problem solve in both resident care and employee management situations. Individual must be a team player, well organized, and flexible.:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
The Resident Care Manager has to have a Associate Degree in Nursing, or Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Minimum of 1 year working in geriatric nursing, including experience with medication administration, delivery systems and pharmacies. One year in supervisory/management position, with experience with budgets, staff development, training and scheduling. Additional course work in management an asset.:
Able to communicate effectively, in English, with personnel at all levels of the organization, with residents and their friends and family, and with members of the community. Excellent written and oral communication skills required. Must have Computer skills.:
Ability to maintain basic financial records of expenditures of the department. Able to understand budgets.:
Ability to accurately assess residents needs, problem-solve to meet those needs, to determine staffs’ need for training, and to evaluate results.
KEYWORDS: Resident Care Manager, Resident Care Managers, rn, RN, registered nurse, Registered Nurse, nurse, nurse leader, nurse leadership, clinical, clinical leadership, nurse manager, Nurse Manager, Nursing Mangaer