Hours are 11am to 7pm or 8pm, includes weekdays, weekends and some holidays.:
The Dining Room Supervisor works together with the Dining Service Manager to assure a high standard of server efficiency, excellent customer service and hospitality. Responsible for cleanliness and sanitation of all dining room areas. Manages schedules to ensure the best possible service for the residents. Works to resolve resident problems effectively, efficiently and increase resident satisfaction.
Essential Position Functions:
* Works with the Executive Chef/Director of Dining Services and Sous Chef to execute daily meal services for all residents and guests. May serve as the opening and/or closing supervisor.
* Responsible for daily room services as well as all dining room operations.
* Receives and resolves complaints concerning dining room service immediately in conjunction with the Dining Service Manager, Executive Chef/Director of Dining Services.
* Will provide a positive representation of the department including a polished appearance and proper uniform.
* Ensures proper server and training for maximum productivity and high standards control.
* Is diligent with the dining room team members to ensure that they are in the proper, neat, clean, pressed uniform including name tag and safety shoes at all times.
* Plans daily dining room set-up, sections, service and side-work based on resident meal counts.
* Follows up to ensure all tasks have been completed to maintain a like-new appearance.
* Ensures all team members attend service lineup and department in-service meetings.
* Ensures a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule is being completed. Addresses and reports deficiencies along with maintenance concerns.
* Assists with the quarterly inventory of dining room items including silverware, coffee pots, water pitchers, glassware, flatware, china, salt and pepper shakers, sugar bowls and linen and ensures that they are properly stored and accounted for.
* Assures that local and state laws, policies and procedures are consistently followed. Is available to tour and answer questions from local and state surveyors to maintain a deficiency free status.
* Perform other duties as directed within the timeline requested.
* Working knowledge of the industry including clinical diets.
* Excellent verbal, written and listening skills.
* Basic knowledge of safety and sanitation.
* Professional communication skills including verbal and listening skills.
* Be self-motivated, organized and able to problem solve situations.
* Senior living or healthcare experience preferred.
* Fine dining experience a plus.