The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate is organized, friendly, energetic and can effectively multi-task. Wound Nurses should be able to accurately document and maintain confidentiality. Candidates should be encouraging and friendly, while always respecting resident rights. This position must be dedicated to complying with all state, federal, nursing and OSHA regulations as well as all company policies and procedures. Candidates must be able to work with various departments and personalities. This position will report to facility Director of Nursing and by applying for the position you recognize that nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties or responsibilities to this job at any time. You may be asked to help in other areas of the building as needed for the optimal performance of your building/department and the well-being of our residents.
Essential Job Functions:
As a Wound Nurse for a Grace Management Service facility you must be able to perform the following essential functions:
* Obtain report and implement appropriate follow-up action as necessary in relation to the resident’s treatment needs.
* Conduct resident rounds as assigned to assess and report the skin condition of each resident, and take necessary follow up action.
* Identify special nursing problems and emergency situations and initiate an immediate plan of action according to nursing home policies and procedures.
* Instruct nursing assistants in proper, preventive safety measures and use of adaptive equipment to meet the needs of each resident.
* Control supplies and equipment within the unit.
* Document resident care provided and resident’s response or lack of response to treatment provided.
* Assess and report changes in resident’s condition to physician, nursing supervisor and responsible party and to take follow up action as necessary.
* Assess special skin problems weekly as to stage, size, sites, depth, color, drainage, and odor of condition.
* Perform basic nursing skills.
* Obtain physician’s orders and any revisions for treatments needed.
* Review and update resident care plans as necessary and as assigned in compliance with regulations.
* Participate in resident care conferences.
* Provide direct resident care.
* Give daily instructions to nursing assistants regarding care that relates to treatments.
* Compile information for facility committees as instructed.
* Administer treatments according to physician’s orders, to accurately record treatment performed, and to keep weekly progress notes.
* Provide clinical supervision to nursing assistants.
* Assist in the admission/transfer and discharge of residents as necessary and as assigned by the D.O.N.
* Complete admission/transfer and discharge documentation.
* Listen to resident, family or physician complaints and to initiate corrective action and/or report special problems to the D.O.N.
* Personally obtain continuing education related to the long term care field of nursing.
* Provide charge nurse with concise, accurate report and take follow up action as necessary.
* Consistently work cooperatively with residents, nursing personnel, physicians, families, consultants, community agencies and ancillary personnel.
* Supervise and answer call lights within units assigned.
* Licensed Practical Nurse in state of Ohio/Indiana OOPNES, NAPNES
* All candidates must be proficient in basic computer programs and must be able to correspond timely through e-mail or other forms of technical communication as needed to successfully complete the requirements for this job. Employees are required to complete monthly on-line education courses to keep our team members knowledgeable on the latest information and regulations. By completing the application for this position, you acknowledge that you feel comfortable meeting these qualifications.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals may be required to:
* Sit or stand for extended periods of time
* Reach above shoulder heights, below waist or lift as required to complete the job responsibilities
* Proper lifting techniques, ability to read computer screens and the ability to follow written and verbal instructions are required
* Must be able to lift 50 to 75 pounds. Raising objects from lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to position. This requirement occurs to a considerable degree and requires the substantial use of the upper extremities and back muscles.
* Must be able to balance, climb, crouch, grasp, kneel, pull, push, reach, stand and stoop adequately to perform the essential functions of the job.
* Must be able to hear, smell, feel and speak adequately to perform the essential functions of the job.
* Must be able to read and write the English language.
* Must be able to work inside and outside with exposure to outdoor weather conditions.
To view the entire job description, please click here.