To prepare food in accordance with current federal, state and local standards, the community’s established policies and procedures, and as may be directed by the Dining Service Director, to ensure that quality food service is provided at all times.
* Prepare and serve meals in accordance with planned menus and established portion control procedures.
* Assist in ensuring proper storage of raw and leftover foods.
* Assist and direct the daily or scheduled cleaning duties.
* Perform all daily tasks in accordance with established Standard Precautions and sanitary, safety and infection control policies and procedures.
* Ensure that the department and all food storage and work areas are maintained in a clean and safe manner and that necessary equipment and supplies are properly maintained and arranged.
* Maintained habits of good personal hygiene.
* Promptly reports all hazardous conditions, equipment, accidents and incidents to the Food Service Director and/or Executive Director.
* Dispose of food and waste in accordance with established policies and procedures, wearing protective clothing and equipment when handling infections waste and/or blood and body fluids.
* Ensure that menus are maintained and filed in accordance with established procedures; and, complete necessary forms and reports to submit to Dining Service Director
* Review menus prior to preparation of food and inspect all trays to ensure completeness and accuracy of menu and diet preference.
* Any other tasks, assignments, projects or requests as deemed by management.
* Attend and participate in orientation, training and in-service educational activities
* Develop and maintain a good working rapport with personnel to ensure that food service is properly maintained
* Assist in inventorying and storing incoming foods, supplies and equipment and recommend to the Dining Service Director the equipment and supply needs of the department.
* Must be 21 years of age or older
* Must read, write, speak and understand English.
* Previous experience or completion of appropriate training program.
* Patience, tact, enthusiasm and positive attitude toward the elderly.
* Must have upper body strength adequate to bend, lift, shift, move, and/or assist in moving articles of more than twenty-five pounds.
* Must be able to squat, reach, and stretch without distress. Must be able to tolerate extended periods walking, standing.