Wednesday – 1:00 – 4:00
Thursday – 12:30 – 5:00
Every other Weekend – Saturday Sunday - 8:30-4:30
Every other holiday
Total Hours: 15 hours per week
In conjunction with the Activity Director, plans, organizes, communicates, and assists to achieve results in providing excellent resident care. To provide a stimulating environment and increase functioning levels of residents through daily activities. Transport resident to community activities.
* Because BrookHaven exists to care for our residents, regular attendance and punctuality are essential to provide quality care.
* Must be in good physical condition as the position requires the ability to stand on one’s feet throughout the day, as well as, push, pull, move and/or lift repetitively a minimum of 10 pounds up to greater than 50 pounds.
* Commitment to BrookHaven mission, values, philosophy and Service Excellence Initiative. Must follow BrookHaven Policy and Procedures.
* Must be able to complete performance requirements independently while using good judgment as well as have the ability to harmoniously work with others.
* Must be able to read, write and understand the English language.
* Regular, punctual attendance.
* Plan and lead a variety of daily activities, both group and individual, including arts/crafts, music, recreational games, sensory stimulation, cognitive activities and discussion groups at various scheduled hours.
* Ability to use motivational techniques on residents.
* Takes daily attendance and completes duty checklist as well as cleanup after the conclusion of the activity.
* Attend required in-service education.
* Must be able to push a wheelchair with resident in it.
* Document resident progress towards identified goals.
* Communicates effectively with residents, families, staff, visitors and all others.
* All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* High school graduate or equivalent.
* Activity experience preferred. Must have CDL.