Hourly rate: $9.50 - $14.00. Experience and credentials will be considered.:
The primary purpose of this job position is to maintain the facility, equipment and grounds in a safe and effective manner in accordance with current applicable federal, state and local guidelines and regulations, our established policies and procedures, and as may be directed by the Maintenance Supervisor and Environmental Services Director, and to assure that a successful maintenance program is upheld at all times.
Essential Functions/ Accountabilities:
* Performs routine maintenance and repairs of the buildings and equipment, observing all safety standards and policies.
* Performs troubleshooting and diagnoses problems.
* Performs preventive maintenance on equipment, air handlers and HVAC
etc. and works with managers/supervisors on implementing an effective preventive maintenance program.
* Assists general staff in skilled trades to help them learn new skills such as plumbing, electrical, etc.
* Participates fully in HPHC?s Emergency and Disaster Plan, including assisting in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations.
* Carries pager for emergency conditions as assigned and responds immediately when paged.
* Drives company vehicles when requested.
* Reports all incidents and accidents to manager or supervisor.
* Attends in-service education sessions, continuing educational programs and other meetings.
* Cultivates effective and respectful relationships with residents, families and staff.
* Exhibits behavior in accordance with Friendship Village’s core values.
* Adheres to all of Friendship Village’s policies and procedures including our safety and Corporate Compliance programs.
* Maintains confidentiality of a resident’s pertinent health information in accordance with HIPAA guidelines.
While every effort has been made to make this description of the essential functions and other responsibilities as complete as possible, it in no way states or implies that this is an exhaustive listing of the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of functions or responsibilities does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is a logical assignment to the position.
* Must be able to read, write, and communicate effectively in the English language.
* Must possess sight/hearing senses, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
* Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
* Must possess certification in one or more areas of maintenance related trades with 3 years experience in related fields.
* Must be able to read and reference blueprints, diagrams, sketches, operation manuals and manufacturers specifications.
* Must be able to push, pull or lift 50 pounds regularly and over 100 pounds occasionally.
* Must have the ability to minimize waste of supplies, misuse of equipment, etc.
* Must be willing to work harmoniously with other personnel as well as be willing to handle residents based at whatever behavior or acuity level they are currently functioning.
* Must be able to relate to and work with the ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and at times, hostile people within the facility.
* Must possess a valid state driver’s license.
* Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
* Must be able to maintain regular attendance.
* Sits, stands, bends, lifts, pushes, pulls and moves intermittently during working hours.
* Works in assigned areas of facility.
* Is subject to frequent interruptions.
* Must be willing to work beyond normal working hours, and in other positions temporarily when necessary.
* Subject to cuts, bruises, falls, burns from equipment, odors, etc.
* May be exposed to infectious diseases, substances, contaminated articles, etc.
* Communicates with other department personnel.
* May be required to work in cramped and confined spaces and in adverse weather conditions.
This is a full time opportunity. Currently hiring for 3:00pm - 11:30pm shift.