Looking for FULL TIME PART TIME Sous Chefs:
The Sous Chef provides full-scope, hands on production cooking in a community Culinary Services program. Is responsible for maintaining a superior level of quality service and cleanliness at all times. In the absence of the Executive Chef, the Sous Chef will assume responsibility for the Culinary Services program.
Essential Job Functions:
* Exemplify at all times community standards of cleanliness, sanitation and operational organization.
* Exhibit leadership and management standards with all Culinary Services staff.
* Responsible for adhering to food quality, appearance and presentation standards at all times.
* Produce and serve menu cycle programs that are compliant with required nutritional/dietary criteria as required by local regulations and correctly prepare diets provided per policy and procedure.
* Exhibit cooking standards of speed, accuracy, and efficiency.
* Demonstrate knowledge in all areas of cooking preparation and production.
* Visit residents periodically to evaluate food service such as quality, quantity, temperature and appearance; and conducts evaluations to make revisions in operations and procedures to promote improved food service.
* The community embraces a culture of hospitality. To that end, all employees are expected as a condition of employment to practice the following “Service with a Smile” guidelines in all interactions with residents, fellow employees, and guests:
* Provide outstanding customer service ALWAYS
* Show a willingness to help in both attitude and appearance
* Pay attention to details and follow-up as needed
* Must complete yearly training as assigned.
* All other duties as assigned (if you see it, you own it).
Education Required (Preferred):
* High school diploma or the equivalent education, training and experience. Culinary degree preferred.
Years of Experience:
* Minimum of three (3) years of restaurant/senior living or equivalent cooking experience.