None. On-the-job training provided.
* Work with the facility’s Dietitian/Director of Food Services as necessary and implement recommended changes as required.
* Ensure that all food procedures are followed in accordance with established policies.
* Others as deemed necessary and appropriate, or as may be directed.
* Agree not to disclose assigned user ID code and password for accessing resident/facility information and promptly report any suspected or known unauthorized access, use, or disclosure of such information.
* Develop and maintain a good working rapport with inter-department personnel as well as with other departments within the facility to assure that food service can be properly maintained to meet the needs of the residents.
* Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest, and positive emphasis as well as a calm environment throughout the department.
* Report known or suspected incidents of fraud to the Administrator.
* Log off computer workstations per established facility policy.
Note: Every effort has been made to identify the essential function of this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential function of the position.
* Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
* Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
* Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
* Must be able to follow oral and written instructions.
* Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, the appearance of work areas, and perform regular inspections of food service areas for sanitation, order, safety and proper performance of assigned duties.
* Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as be willing to handle residents based on whatever maturity level they are currently functioning.
* Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing food practices.
* Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
Must possess, as a minimum, an 8th grade education.